Apeks Titanium XTX, look for feedback

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crestgel

Contributor
Reaction score
I want to get my wife something our anniversary. She now has a atx200 with an atx50 2nd stage.
How does the Tungsten XTX compare to what she is using now?

I may even use here atx200 and sale my ScubaPro S600.

How well does the Titanium XTX work? any problems with the Tungsten

.....the Apeks site shows a TUNGSTEN model, not a titanium one, and it's only an outer layer plated to the 1st stage for cosmetic purposes.

I'd say stick with the atx200 and your Mk** and s600.

The tungsten is cool, but I couldnt see anyone with either of the above regs needing anything different.

crestgel:
I want to get my wife something our anniversary. She now has a atx200 with an atx50 2nd stage. How does the Tungsten XTX compare to what she is using now?

The Tungsten XTX first stage has a PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition) coating finish but apart from that and minor cosmetic differences, the Tungsten XTX first stage and ATX200 first stage (FSR) are basically identical. The biggest difference is the fact that the Tungsten XTX first stage has four 3/8" medium pressure ports, whereas the ATX200 first stage (FSR) has three 3/8" medium ports and one 1/2" medium pressure port.

The Tungsten XTX second stage comes with a second stage hose swivel and the size of the exhaust tee can be changed (large/wide or small). The ATX200 second stage does not have a second stage hose swivel and comes with a fixed small exhaust tee.

The Tungsten XTX second stage can also be converted from a right handed hose configuration to a left handed one.

scubafanatic:
.....the Apeks site shows a TUNGSTEN model, not a titanium one, and it's only an outer layer plated to the 1st stage for cosmetic purposes.

The PVD coating of the Tungsten XTX first stage is not made from tungsten but from titanium, zirconium and chromium.

Buy her a new Apeks & use hers.
You look like a hero & score big for yourself. ATX 200 great reg!

Vie:
The Tungsten XTX second stage comes with a second stage hose swivel

Yep, Vie is bang on, but it is worth pointing out that the second stage hose swivel on the XTX200 is optional – it can come with it, or just as standard.

There is not a lot of difference, if any, in the performance of the ATX200 and the XTX200, so unless you really want to get her a bling-looking reg and nab her ATX200 over your Scubapro, I'd spend your dosh on something else.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom