apex low/high profile valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SOUTH DEVON

Reaction score
My new dry suit arrived with an apex low-profile valve which leak when fully open , apex agreed to replace this with the high-profile variety(thanks Bob3 for the tip).
I haven't dived with the new valve as yet but I have noticed that the valve even when fully open vents air considerably slower than the low-profile variety and I'm wondering whether I will have to manually dump air on ascent , or will the valve be able to cope automatically ?
Comments appreciated !

Typically, the Apeks high profile valves vent much faser than the low profile "mushroom" style. Have you checked to see if it is opened all the way ( I know, silly question, butthat's where I would start). I loved the Apeks high profile valves, except fr the fact that they are terrible to try and manuever the harness over. An excellent (an inexpensive) alternative are the SiTech low profile valves- I have been using them for several years now with great results.

All three of my Apeks High Profiles vent fine. I leave open all the way during a dive. Never touch it.....

And yea, over a harness they can be a pain. Till your used to em....

Mverick once bubbled...
All three of my Apeks High Profiles vent fine. I leave open all the way during a dive. Never touch it.....

And yea, over a harness they can be a pain. Till your used to em....

Well, I guess after 4.5 years of diving dry, exclusively, an average of 46 weekends a year, I must not have been "used to 'em".

Puh-leeze.

chickdiver once bubbled...

Well, I guess after 4.5 years of diving dry, exclusively, an average of 46 weekends a year, I must not have been "used to 'em".

Puh-leeze.
Are you sure it wasn't 47 or 45....I mean 46 is an awfully exact number :D

T-
It's generally easier for me to remember the weekends that I don't dive than the ones that I do- there are fewer of them to keep up with, and it's generally because of some "mandatory appearance" (weddings, etc.)

I've had bad habits for much longer then 4.5 years.

chickdiver once bubbled...

Puh-leeze.

Don't just try to Slide your arm out. It never works. Pull harness out with your hand. It slides right off. Yep, I dive duals. Yep, it's cold at 42 degrees past the second thermocline at 50ft. Yep, I've been dry along time.

Low profile can be easier till you learn these steps. And I actually like that the harness gets hung up on it. Makes it easy not to loose the harness when suiting up too. I'll keep my Apeks High Profile. I've actually traded the other way too. And then back to High Profile.

Don't be so touchy......

LOL

Back
Top Bottom