Apollo Bio-fins vs. S.Pro Jet fins.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walter, I will disagree with you here.
When I dive in PNG, I swim in some really hard currents. I have little difficulty keeping pace with anyone in my Twin Speed splits. Once, on an exposed bommie, we had to set a shackle in the anchor line to secure it for the night. The divemaster and I had to swim from the lee of the bommie into the current on top of the reef to the mooring. The divemaster was a young man with huge paddle fins. I have been diving more than 30 years (Hint: I am NOT a young male). Not only was I able to stay side by side with him, but when we reached the mooring, I was not nearly as winded as he was.
SO THERE!
Bye the way, my first 30 years were in jet fins....old dogs CAN learn new tricks. Some of them, that is.

http://www.ndsu.edu/instruct/grier/fins.html
IMO this article should be read as part of the end-user license, or whatever that thing is to joining scubaboard. It is very informative, you'd think the writer is bias to the bio-fin (cant blame em), but the data and explantions the writer provide seem to prove otherwise.
Also read about backwards finning; Im baffled. Who does this, and.... who does this? Most importantly: the bio-fin CAN do all the things most insist it cannot.
And short (modified flutter, people call it in scubaboard) fast finning in a flutter kick, proved best for every fin!
As far as saying a fin silts more than another? I felt myself get dumber after I read that. Just check this article out, its great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom