Aqua Lung Legend LX First Stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is confirmed that the sound came from Hydrostatic Transmitter. However, LDS store found out the IP low a lot from factory setting. 120PSI. He then advise to increase to 145PSI.

The Legend LX should have a MP of 116 to 130 psi ( 8 to 9 bar). 120 psi was within factory specifications...145 psi is outside the factory specifications.

Reference: Aqua Lung Technical Maintenance Manual - Legend LUX, Legend LX, Legend First Stage

Noted. LDS advise to tune 145PSI. Is that ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I service the Legend series, I set the MP to what the technical documentation for that regulator lists - between 116 to 130 psi (usually about 125) and the regulator performs as expected. This MP/IP setting is lower than many regulators which specify 130 to 145 psi. I also use a torque wrench and follow all factory torque specifications...that is my personality type.

I would ask your LDS why they recommend a setting that exceeds the value specified by Aqua Lung in the published technical documentation. I don't think 145 psi will cause any problems, but it is not what the manufacturer specifies. For the tech to state the factory setting was low indicates the level of the tech's knowledge specific to that regulator.

The information sevenrider860 posted is correct:

The Legend LX should have a MP of 116 to 130 psi ( 8 to 9 bar). 120 psi was within factory specifications...145 psi is outside the factory specifications.

Reference: Aqua Lung Technical Maintenance Manual - Legend LUX, Legend LX, Legend First Stage

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom