Aqua lung low air alarm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Richard Dayan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Taking my kid on a scuba vacation of 1 year duration, he never scuba dived before and will be trained up to advanced, has full set of new gear. Is this worth adding on his regulator? We plan on doing 200-300 dives. He can snorkel and equalize but never did scuba before.

What's your opinion on this piece of gear for new divers.

I didn't know these bubble/sound alarms existed. Useful if diving in no-vis conditions as intended - in all other situations it's not required.

Most divers get the hang of checking their air after a dive or two, and he should be very good by dive number 200. Just invest in good buddy communication - get him to report his air to you once or twice a dive.

Alternatively get an air integrated computer that can show his air as well as yours.

Attaching this device would mean your son would start buzzing and streaming bubbles near the end of every dive (1000 psi/69 bar): becoming the focal point of all divers in the area. I'm not sure how old your son is, but if he's anything like my teen I can guarantee this alarm would 'accidently fall off' on the very next dive, never to be seen again.

Cheers
Rohan.

Save your money. Monitoring his air will be one of the things he'll learn in class.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom