Aqua Lung Titan - Bubbles Going Passed Eyes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I own an older Micra, which was the first model to have that "problem". I see it as a result of having a smaller profile exhaust (where the bubbles come out) as welll as these new low profile masks. However, you will always see bubbles if you are vertical, rather than horizontal. If you are a photographer or are really bothered by a bubble here and there, then go with a reg that has a large exhaust tee.

trixie:
My biggest concern is the sales person said that when your still, the bubbles go straigt up past your eyes. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

Are you oriented vertically (head up) in the water or horizontally? Of course if vertical the reg is lower than the eyes and bubbles go up. It is not uncommon for many divers to swim with thierheads much higher than their feet and like I said, bubbles go up.

I used the US Divers Micra for years and had the same problem when I first started using it. I found the problem was easiely solved by just turning my head slightly to one side when exhaling. Worked for me.

drbill:
Although I haven't dived with these regs, one of the biggest problems I have as a videographer is that regs usually exhaust in front of the mask when your head is tilted down filming. In a "normal" diving position with good horizontal trim this is not a significant problem, but if you are looking around near the bottom with your head down it can be.

I wish reg manufacturers would produce models more suitable for video or still imagers that exhaust well off to the side to eliminate this problem. There are some models that do have longer exhaust flanges, and Scuba Pro ac tually makes an extender that apparently is sold in the European market but not the American. Go figure!
The ScubaPro extenders can be found, but it takes some legwork as they were not sold here, and they only fit certain models, without extensive hand modification (It can be installed to the S600, S550, G500, R390, R380 or R290). I have the extender for my S600 and love it. I picked up two just in case! There's a guy on ScubaBoard that has a couple extra left, I know.

I believe Atomic makes regs that come with a second exhaust tee that is longer, for the same reason, but the ScubaPro extender is the longest I've seen.

bubb-deflec.jpg

See also: http://www.scubapro.co.za/Products/Regulators/Accessories.htm

I have a Titan & have not experienced any problems.

trixie:
That helps. I guess it happens to a lot of regs then. I'm wondering how bad it will be. Does anybod else have this problem with their regs?

Hubby and I used the Titans when we were on our certification dives. Yes the bubbles go right in front of you when your head is up, but when swimming around horizontally, not a problem at all!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom