Aqualung Comfo-Bite - too large?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is that part of the Comfo-Bite that sits against the roof of your mouth supposed to sit flat? Maybe I have a small mouth, but the middle of that part folds down when in, so it doesn't seem like it would be that comfortable. Are there different sizes of these things?

Thanks.

re sizes, yes, although I have only seen one size AL advertise a smaller version for "ladies" with the Mikron.

There are at least 2 sizes, although all the dealers I have checked with only carry 1. Apeks regs I have came with the smaller size, so this might be a clue in ordering. The Apeks mouthpiece has an "A" moulded into the top.

My primary regs are a pair of Atomic M-1s, and I like their mouth pieces.

My back-up rec reg set is a US Divers, a old cousin to the modern Aqualung Titan.
It came with a comfo-bite and it's OK, I just prefer the Atomic.

If and when it tears, I'll put a Atomic mouth piece on it.

I rarely use a snorkel, but when I do, I use a Aqualung Impulse 3, which comes with, you guessed it, a comfo-bite.

Are there different sizes of these things? Thanks.

There are two sizes and three colors. Regular and Small the colors are Black, Clear, and Frosted. If you would like I can send you a small in clear to try. I carry both in stock. send me a pm if you want to try one.

Yes, there are 2 different sizes. The smaller for children and small mouths. There is also one without the bridge. I think I got it from SCUBASTORE. My original clear Comfo-bites have yellowed, so I replaced with black and the bridgeless for my Octo.

+1 for the comfo-byte. Used them for years to avoid the clinched jaw ache.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom