Aqualung Legend LX- Any Negatives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My complaint is the same as above - a tad bit heavy. Otherwise, my Legend's performed extremely well. I've heard the new ones are much lighter. Not sure?

I own two and love them. Buy it, you wont be sorry.

Last edited:
Never noticed they were heavy- are you talking heavy for the mouth or in the luggage?

A agree on the weight, the 1st stages do seem heavy. But I dive in So Cal and need lots of weight, so not an issue for me.

I just find the 1st stage heavy but its basically a big block of Brass so tough as nails, this is only an issue when traveling, I place it in my carry on whenever I can.

the New Legend is a little lighter than the old one, but not by much.

I don't find the weight issue a big deal, If I were to point out a negative this would be it. ( if this was a big issue I would not own two of em :) )

I have a couple hundred dives on mine after using a SP Mk25/A600 for a few years. My only complaint is that it breaths very dry. Other than that- no issues at all.

One of the many improvements we made to the new Legend series of regulators has been to introduce a metal baffle to direct airflow to the divers mouth in the air boss of the second stage. This should alleviate any concerns of dry breath. The metal baffle against your warm breath will produce condensation for your next breath in cooler waters. Best of luck.

---------- Post Merged at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:16 PM ----------

My complaint is the same as above - a tad bit heavy. Otherwise, my Legend's performed extremely well. I've heard the new ones are much lighter. Not sure?

On average, the new Legend regulators are approximately 10% lighter, and smaller that their predecesor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom