Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone here have this mask? I own one for a long time and realized some dirt under its skirts. Decided to unscrew the stainless steel bolts on its sides but couldn't separate the central part of the mask. Does anyone know how to completely disassembly?

I have a couple of these masks, one clear and one black....I prefer the black one because it does not show the dirt that builds up like the clear one does. I have taken the clear one apart to clean.

It has been a couple of years since I did this. There is a clip behind the area that sits above the nose that retains the silicone skirt in place. If you gently peel that part of the skirt, at the top center of the mask, away from the frame, you will see the top of the clip...I believe it needs to be slid upwards (towards the frame of the mask) to release...a small flat-head screwdriver is what I recall using to slide the clip up.

The process, obviously, will need to be reversed to secure the skirt when you put it all back together.

-Z

I have a couple of these masks, one clear and one black....I prefer the black one because it does not show the dirt that builds up like the clear one does. I have taken the clear one apart to clean.

It has been a couple of years since I did this. There is a clip behind the area that sits above the nose that retains the silicone skirt in place. If you gently peel the part of the skirt, at the top center of the mask, away from the frame, you will see the top of the clip...I believe it needs to be slid upwards (towards the frame of the mask) to release...a small flat-head scredriver is what I recall using to slide the clip up.

The process, obviously, will need to be reversed to secure the skirt when you put it all back together.

-Z
Mine is black too, but I saw some sand and slime 🤢between the black and the transparent frames.
Well, while I didn't used your instructions totally, it helped me realize where the solution was. I managed to remove the lens of the silicone skirt before removing the clip and then all became easier, as silicone is soft.
a small flat-head scredriver is what I recall using to slide the clip up.
I had more success using the tip of a corkscrew, as it function like a hook pulling the clip up and away of the frame.

Attachments

• IMG_20230906_153322933.jpg
    IMG_20230906_153322933.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_20230906_153713592.jpg
    IMG_20230906_153713592.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20230906_153826013.jpg
    IMG_20230906_153826013.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20230906_154016017_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230906_154016017_HDR.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 79
  • 1694045170132.png
    1694045170132.png
    395 KB · Views: 84
I use plastic tools and would certainly not be pulling the skirt out first because I shouldn't be touching stuff

BUTCHERS!

What's your current price on sirloin

• Funny
Reactions: Zef
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom