AQUALUNG VS ATOMIC!!! Who makes better regz?

and the winner isssssss .................

• AQUALUNG

Votes: 41 39.4%
  • ATOMIC

Votes: 63 60.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Atomic, I liked my BMW but the Audi S8 is pretty cool, Yamaha all the way, never got to ride an Arctic Cat so I cannot vote there, I do love my Pings, and Jessica or Jessica? Hmmmmm, how much for both? LOL

Oh wait, am I off topic again? :mooner:

The Atomic second stage is very light weight and the swivel diminishes any tug that you might feel. The first stage is flush with the top of the tank valve, which is streamlined and comfy.
They breath equally well.
But, I vote for Apeks which is the same as Aqualung. I own an Atomic B2 and an Apeks atx200. I prefer the Apeks/Aqualung because it is less likely to freeflow and it is dry sealed vs the Atomic which must be filled with lube in order to be environmentally sealed.

With all that said, I would be happy with either reg, so I got both. BMW or Audi? Honda or Yamaha? Polaris or Arctic Cat? Ping or Taylor-made? Jessica Alba or Jessica Simpson?

Both brands are going to win for 90% of the divers out here. No need for the "deathmatch" :)

You could pick any reg from either vendor and not go wrong, and be very happy. I'm sure the same goes for most any top-tier manufacturer.

I own several Atomics Reg/Octo's and have tried SP, Posiden, and AL, but the Atomics were better suited for my needs as far as service availability and type of diving. All regs are good investments it just depends on the individuals taste.

I prefer the BMW, because I drive a gas hog Dodge truck, and have a redhead version of Jessica S. :thumb: :eyebrow:

Take all factors into consideration. Easy breathing at depth, ease of service, customer support... yada yada yada.

May the best brand win! :lotsalove:

I think you're going to have to be more specific... Aqua Lung makes a number of quite different regulators. Do you have any particular model(s) in mind?

"Easy breathing at depth" - I doubt you'd have problems with regulators from either Atomic or Apeks (or other reputable brands, for that matter).

It's very easy to service Apeks because all the current regs use the same service kit just about.

For hose routing options, it's hard to beat the Atomic.

Jessica Alba!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

My wife and I both have Atomic B2 regs and a SS1's and love them.

Being a Cowboys fan no JS! Bad Juju! Beside JA is hot! Into the blue...need I say anymore!

oh sorry.....off topic

Uhhhh Atomic all the way.

I second the Jessica Alba!

I use a 7 foot for my primary Atomic T2x, 32" necklace on my secondary Atomic T2x, and a SS1 titanium on my Zeagle Ranger LTD. I use the same setup on both singles and doubles. I like keeping my regs identical even if I change dive specific equipment. i.e. a safety sausage which is attached to my reel would not be used in a cavern. I route my hose under it in open water. In a cavern it is routed under my reel or light depending on my position on the line.

I use a 7 foot for my primary Atomic T2x, 32" necklace on my secondary Atomic T2x, and a SS1 titanium on my Zeagle Ranger LTD. I use the same setup on both singles and doubles. I like keeping my regs identical even if I change dive specific equipment. i.e. a safety sausage which is attached to my reel would not be used in a cavern. I route my hose under it in open water. In a cavern it is routed under my reel or light depending on my position on the line.

Just like the 8 year old resurrection thread re 7 foot hose, consistent. This one was only a little more than 3 1/2 years years old.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom