Aqualung

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
out of curiosity, would you put Dacor with the lower cost group?
Dacor is now owned by Mares, but Mares seems pretty determined to kill Dacor off. So I think that overall in the last 5 years Dacor has managed to slide from a upper-middle ranked company to the bottom of the heap if you include service and support in the mix.

Rogue Phoenix:
What do you guys think about the aqualung series? My local dive shop carries all their stuff and I got to use one of the BC's and regulators the other day and it seemed pretty good. Anyone have any input as to reliability or any issues with this gear? Thanks!

You would be hard pressed to find a better performing regulator than an Aqua-Lung Legend at any price. Just because they don’t cost as much as some other brands (mainly because the other brands are made by other conglomerates, and are newer companies) doesn’t make them worse in any way, shape, or form. Aqua-Lung is as old as Scuba itself…they are the embodiment and synonymous with scuba. A person that is completely ignorant to scuba diving has heard of Aqua-Lung, this is how synonymous they are with scuba. Those who come before Aqua-Lung are nil. The newer companies rest their heads upon the true geniuses of the innovator…Aqua-Lung! Aqua-Lung is the embodiment of scuba, their track record and engineering is copied by all…those who denounce Aqua-Lung denounce scuba!

I know, I know,

This is the last time I drink and write...the wine really started to kick in mid paragraph.

Poseidon8118:
You would be hard pressed to find a better performing regulator than an Aqua-Lung Legend at any price. Just because they don’t cost as much as some other brands (mainly because the other brands are made by other conglomerates, and are newer companies) doesn’t make them worse in any way, shape, or form. Aqua-Lung is as old as Scuba itself…they are the embodiment and synonymous with scuba. A person that is completely ignorant to scuba diving has heard of Aqua-Lung, this is how synonymous they are with scuba. Those who come before Aqua-Lung are nil. The newer companies rest their heads upon the true geniuses of the innovator…Aqua-Lung! Aqua-Lung is the embodiment of scuba, their track record and engineering is copied by all…those who denounce Aqua-Lung denounce scuba!

I know, I know,

This is the last time I drink and write...the wine really started to kick in mid paragraph.

So I take it your a fan of aqualung? LOL.

Rogue Phoenix:
What do you guys think about the aqualung series? My local dive shop carries all their stuff and I got to use one of the BC's and regulators the other day and it seemed pretty good. Anyone have any input as to reliability or any issues with this gear? Thanks!

I didn't see it mentioned in the thread yet, but Aqualung's warranty is one of the best (on Regulators I'm talking about). Basically, you never have to pay for parts for overhaul/maintenance for the life of the product. You do have to buy it and have it serviced from an authorized seller. Here's the link on their website:

http://www.aqualung.com/product_warranties_reg_free.html

They do have a "no internet/phone sales" clause with their dealers though. (You have to buy their stuff over-the-counter and they limit the discount their dealers are allowed to give on their stuff. Somewhat anti-free-enterprize, nazi like if you ask me).

Rogue Phoenix:
So I take it your a fan of aqualung? LOL.

Ironically I do not own any of their regulators…I’ve tried a few (an older Conshelf, a new Legend and a Titan) but I have four different setups and do not need another. My next setup most likely will be an Aqua-Lung Legend but this would require a higher disposable income on my part, which I don’t have at the moment. I do own various other items from US Divers (Aqua-Lung’s US label from a few years ago) but not a regulator.

I did get carried away a little, but just giving credit where credits do. Everyone has followed Aqua-Lungs lead, and the whole industry is based upon their ingenuity.

Very good, consistent, strong equipment. I purchased my first full set of gear in 1980 and it still works like a clock. Just keep it maintained and it should last as long as you need it to.

My wife and I both have legends....very good performance at all depths..and very high quality....

Rogue Phoenix:

I have nothing but good things to say about Aqualung regulators. I currently have 4 regulators and they're all Aqualungs. The oldest is an Aqualung Aquarius from 1974 and it's never skipped a beat. Neither have any of the others. The shop where I work also has 30 or so Aqualungs in their rental stock that make about 9000 dives a year (collectively) and despite significant amounts of abuse they just go and go and go. We've had other regs in the rental stock too. These have been regs that people traded in when they bought new ones and none of them can take the abuse that the Aqualungs can take. The only regulator that I think may be more abuse proof than the Aqualungs are the Sherwoods. The difference there is that the Aqualungs are good performers and the Sherwoods are behind the performance curve, at least for the time being.

R..

latitude:
I didn't see it mentioned in the thread yet, but Aqualung's warranty is one of the best (on Regulators I'm talking about). Basically, you never have to pay for parts for overhaul/maintenance for the life of the product. You do have to buy it and have it serviced from an authorized seller. Here's the link on their website:

http://www.aqualung.com/product_warranties_reg_free.html

They do have a "no internet/phone sales" clause with their dealers though. (You have to buy their stuff over-the-counter and they limit the discount their dealers are allowed to give on their stuff. Somewhat anti-free-enterprize, nazi like if you ask me).
All thou I'm not a big fan of Aqualung I will say they have stood behind their products. Any problems they have had in the past they have addressed and now make some fairly good regulators for the price. You could do a lot worst that an Aqualung ..... one nice thing .... I have never been anyplace diving that an Aqualung dealer wasn't close by for service.

I have a DA Aquamaster made by the aqualung folks. I believe it goes back to about '59 or so. Still seems to work okay. Not my first line reg though.

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom