Aquarena Springs this Sunday?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oldschool

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Any swampers going down to Aquarena Springs this Sunday (4/20) for the cleanup? I'm going to check it out. This will be my first time there. Hope to see some familiar faces. K-Valve? Scubashawn123?

Skip...

Any swampers going down to Aquarena Springs this Sunday (4/20) for the cleanup? I'm going to check it out. This will be my first time there. Hope to see some familiar faces. K-Valve? Scubashawn123?

Skip...

I would, but with a little luck I'll be recovering from a long drive to So. Padre, diving the TX Clipper, and driving home. :D

What cleanup? I haven't heard anything about it.

Oldschool, are you science diver qualified with the Center?

It's a clean up of the training area and the lake (science divers ONLY) in general sponsored by a LDS. Great way for their club to introduce AC to new members and to get Science divers in the lake for a night dive (your best chance to see prawns, catfish and eels). You can sign up at http://scubaland.com/ or get in touch with Erika.

If you plan to come down, pm me and I will team up with you and try to show you some interesting spots to checkout on a night dive. Cannot promise that the critter will make an appearance but I know where to look for him.

I will be at the cleanup doing my part....Planning to bring my new DPV to blow the mess downstream.

Are you a science diver? If so, the dpv is great for Arch, and River Bed. Other sites need a very soft touch if you are using a dpv for cleaning.

I would, but with a little luck I'll be recovering from a long drive to So. Padre, diving the TX Clipper, and driving home. :D

That's horrible. Tell you what, I'll go and do those Clipper dives and long drives for you, that way you can get some relaxing quality time in at the Springs and won't have to worry about having an exhausting weekend. :) Crossing my fingers for you that the trip makes, post a report for us when you get back!

Skip, I'd meet up with you but I've gotta fly Sunday afternoon, so no Sunday dives for me this weekend.

I am a Science Diver and really enjoy diving at the springs. I use it for a little cleaning but more for scooting to the site and back (playing around). It works well in the training area too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom