AquaSafari

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am familiar with this type of anger, Fury, but I can say that Jonathan and Morgan were both very polite gentlemen; they certainly don't appear to have my foul mouth, and they in fact clarified that point to us. Nothing like the "****ing Mexican" Ricardo thought he heard on Friday. Nada. Not even a trace of slang.

Shouldn't we didn't rush Ricardo off for a full battery of hearing tests and publish the results? :wink:

What you say?
We have no audiologyst on the island.

Given Tek's EDIT on the basis of Reefhound's analysis,

I'd like to agree to not take this to one place in particular.

Let's avoid American this and Mexican that.
When I mentioned we don't have a first ammendment, it was not a threat.
As an anthropologyst I'm always looking for the underlying cultural differences,
including legal differences, that we don't realize are in our assuptions.

I am not contemplating any legal action, and I hope Jonathan is not either. Mexico is not the litigious of the 2 countries. We do not have 8 lawyers for every engineer.

Jonathan, let's agree we do not involve attorneys, and we avoid Mexican this and American that. Let's keep our lines of communication open for the good of Cozumel and diver safety.

Sinceramente,
Aqua Safari
Bill Horn

Bill,

I guess there it goes your day off again!

Sure would have loved being in that breakfast monday mornig, but my wife's health did not allow for it.

But sure i was on the boat that afternoon and seem i'll have to haul my other Instructor buddies to a computer to write their views of the incident.

I did say i would keep my mouth shut to allow Mr. Horn to post a reply, and he has done just so and now tek is all pissed again....

Good night!

Perate Neme,

I think I'm enjoying this day off.
Paradise is certainly crowded, the boats see things one way,
and if divers see things different, somebody's going to get hurt.

We all need to get on the same frequency, so just how we did it with the Alpha,
let's get Capitan Quiñones to remind everyone whatever the techical meaning the divebuoy has. In the abscence of a definition, let's get one defined, and remind everybody, what happened to me can happen to you, and although no one has been cut up lately, perhaps avoid or delay the next one.

You gotta admit.... Jonathan is sharp. I wish I could write as well as he.
We obviously need feedback.
The Captains can certainly benefit from what he writes.

I invited Jonathan and his friends to refine the sequence of events.
A ver que contribuyes. Muchos thank yous.

Is this the Twilight Zone thread or what?

By the way Tek, I apologize for giving you a hard time about the c d and nn post.

I too thought everything was settled with these guys until AS posts on the event write up. Before that I thought AS was coming out looking pretty good in this whole thing. Now it is all messy again and I am leaning back toward the young buck again. I was once young and during that time I was wrong sometimes but not all the time. I had my share of older people trying to make me back down during those days just because I was young.

Here is what I see out of this whole thing.

Tek and the gang were diving in the park without a wrist band. Should not have been doing that fellas. However until they surfaced no one knew that.

AS got too close. People are human and make mistakes. I don't they meant to do that and it really was wrong to say they were. If they would have killed any of the divers it would be really bad for business. I simply think they didn't see the flag. Could have been the light conditions, tired eyes, or almost anything.

I almost took out a guy on a motorcycle a while back. I honestly didn't see him. He was on the defense and saw me and got out of my way. I was in the wrong, but in order to protect himself he had to get out of my way even though I was the one who got in his way. I am glad he swerved and covered for my complete error.

One thing is clear that Tek was close enough to the boat to have a chat with an AS instructor and was in ear shot of the boat. Both Teks report and AS's report claim the chat happened right next to the boat.

I think the biggest lesson in this whole thread is that you need to be alert and have great situational awareness when diving.

I find it pretty hard to agree with the original poster or his actions here.

Applying Occams Razor, it would seem what happened is the dive boat didn't see the flag, the kids surfaced and got antsy and the guys they were yellling at responded in kind. Testerone was an likely to be a significant factor.

The OP should have contacted the shop and complained, yet he jumps on the biggest scuba forums in the world and posts in a manner to utterly discredit the dive operation. The boss comes on, makes himself available and seems to throughly investigate the situation with diligence and honesty. He is backed up by scores of people who have known him for a long time and the way he manages his business.

At the end of the day, nobody but the divers and the dive staff know what happened but it's really extremely hard to imagine anything more sinister than a mistake ensuing in a row and shouting match.

I find it really unlikely than the captain "intentionally endangered his life" - if you are going to make statements like that you better have a reason to back it up and there seems to be no reason whatsoever why an experienced captain would intentionally do something like this.

I wish I knew how to make the quote function work.

Thank you Underseabumblebee, you brought up one of my major peeves.

The paper park, I mean National Marine Park, after 12 years existance, does not have a reasonable way of paying the park entry. You need to buy the proper tax forms (3), fill them out, get in line at the bank, (often hours) pay the entrance, take the triplicate forms stamped by the bank to the park office, and get the bracelets. Technically though, you have to be a permit holder - permissionaire - to buy them, so you might spend a vacation morning to find out they should not give them to you.

I told lady Samantha last week who inquired right out of this thread, to get it from whoever she got the tanks from. But that may not work because then the taxman may well look to see the income from a dive trip, and the operator may prefer not to run to the bank for a dollar per tank.

I wish there had been one of these Forums 12 years ago that the environmental authority monitored. They would have had an ear full.

I wish I knew how to make the quote function work.

Look at the bottom right corner. You should see the quote button. Click that on another person's post that you want to quote. If you want to quote more than one person hit the multi quote button. Then if you only want to quote part of what a person said, use your delete key to clear out the part you don't want. Be sure to leave the brackets on both ends that say QUOTE=posters name and then end bracket, make sure you leave the /QUOTE at the end of the quote too along with the brackets.

Does that make sense?

:no

But I do have the urge to have Cheetos now instead of popcorn. Is there a Cheetos smilie??
cheetos.gif

Back
Top Bottom