Ar diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

horsemen

Contributor
Reaction score
will be moving to little rock ar in a couple months i was wondering if their any good diving and a question for the ones who have dived salt and fresh water is the vis about the same or is the ocean going to have better vis i only have dived in the ocean so wanting to know what to expect in fresh water thanks for the input.
going to little rock af base ya ya i know its in Jacksonville

i go to Catalina island and some of the beaches in LA also i go down to San diego

I live in Central Arkansas - we frequent Greers Ferry lake mostly. Probably 40 minutes from Jacksonville. Vis is pretty good - especially the deeper you go. I am working on my SSI Instructor level - give me a shout and I can help get you situated as far as diveshop and diving locations go. The shop where I work out of usually goes every Saturday/Sunday from May till about mid November. Very friendly group.

Lake Ouachita is nice and there are a couple dive shops in Little Rock that make trips here. I live 20 minutes from the lake and dive there all summer.

I too was stationed at Edwards. 1976-1981. I was the first test navigator flying as the Defensive Systems Operator on the B-1. Was a great assignment for me, but somewhat shy of water. Better here in Arkansas.

Visibility in Ouachita averages about 15' in the summer, but can be much less or much greater. I mostly spear fish and have had some of my best luck when the vis was only about 5 or 6 feet. During the spring the vis is usually better and 20 ft or better is likely. The best I have seen was about 35' and that was only once in early October. If you want to go diving, give me a PM, but I wont be going out til the water warms up in May.

Will be a big spear fishing tournament the first Sat after spear fishing season opens on June 15th sponsered by The Scuba and Archery Center, Hot Springs. http://www.saclodc.com/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom