Archaic NDL :10 at 140'?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

northernone

Contributor
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
----NOW OUTDATED AND POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS----

Now that the disclaimer is out of the way...

Came across the old tables I learned on and thought I'd share for perspective and how the understanding of decompression theory and safety margins have changed over the years.

Dive often and worry less,
Cameron

Attachments

• 20161011_124541.jpg
    20161011_124541.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
My Veo 2.0 gives me 9 mins on air at 140 using DSAT...

Why the panic?

My Veo 2.0 gives me 9 mins on air at 140 using DSAT...

Why the panic?
My Aladin also gives 9 minutes at 140. If you want to stretch your dive to 10 minutes, then it wants you to stay at 130 feet. This is on air.

Doesn't seem too crazy. DecoPlanner spits out a min deco ascent for 9mins with gf 40/85.

Yep, 60/60 & 100/25 - that's the US Navy Tables for quite some time....

Even the current PADI tables give 8 mins at 140.
I think these tables were based on the US Navy way back then before PADI went to their own tables.
Correct.

I think these tables were based on the US Navy way back then before PADI went to their own tables.
I still have my old NU-WAY tables based on the 1984 Navy tables. It also gives you 10m at 140'.

...Hold onto your cappuccino!... It gives you a NDL of :05m all the way down to 190'

YMMV

Same as my old PADI tables. If I remember right, our instructor taught us to take 5 minutes off the NDL's as an FS. Probably a good idea, Great Lakes wreck dives could be fairly square profiles.

You should see the tables they dive in the GOM, they say navy tables are too conservative, ndl of 5 min at 200' on air if I remember right

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom