Are there any wildlife that actually want to harm us?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This^^^^^^^. Without a doubt the most dangerous creature in the ocean. My run-in with an urchin was the most painful experience of my life.

Although I have never had a problem with one, bull sharks seem to have a bad attitude.

In 1966 (age 12) in Puerto Rico I stupidly tried to touch a white spiney one while snorkeling and had to go to the hospital. But that was my fault, it didn't "attack" me. So generally I'm not worried about small stuff that doesn't really move.

I nominate bluegill, the piranha of the Midwest.

In 1966 (age 12) in Puerto Rico I stupidly tried to touch a white spiney one while snorkeling and had to go to the hospital. But that was my fault, it didn't "attack" me. So generally I'm not worried about small stuff that doesn't really move.

Stepped on one wading barefoot out to the dive boat in Bonaire. My fault, should have been wearing my booties. No hospital for me, on the boat the divemaster did surgery on my foot with Adolph's Meat Tenderizer and needle sharp tweezers. He removed seven spines and by the time he was done there was a puddle of blood on the deck and the heel of my foot looked like hamburger. I geared up and made the dive anyway. On that dive I learned that blood looks green in the water beyond 30 feet, because I could see it leaking out the top of my boot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom