Are these Poseidon Jetstreams worth servicing/rebuilding?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for those kind words fellas, but compared to @rsingler and others on here I am merely the Scorcerer’s Apprentice on Poseidon 🤓
I should start a separate thread and detail the servo repair technique I came up with, not to derail this thread further…
I originally just pulled one apart to 3D model the parts for Rob’s forthcoming Geeks #4. While in bits thought I’d try to overhaul it first using an old Cyklon LP seat as source material then trying other material like silicone rubber sheet.
As Rob warns beware of the tiny e-clip permanently fleeing to some far corner of your workshop, like many things Poseidon they are a non-standard Metric size and no longer available as a spare part!

Glad to see people using their Poseidon regs for decades. Mine are around 23 years old and I just sent both sets in for a service and waiting for a quote. Hopefully they are serviceable as it has been a few years....

Interesting reading about the possibilities of servicing the servo valve. The xstream model seems to have a slightly different valve (at least to me it looks different) with no circlip. Can anyone verify if it actually is different, or if I need to have my eyes checked? 😂

Interesting reading about the possibilities of servicing the servo valve. The xstream model seems to have a slightly different valve (at least to me it looks different) with no circlip. Can anyone verify if it actually is different, or if I need to have my eyes checked? 😂
They function the same; and save for that little plastic "dealie" on the Xstream, just resembles a more compact Jetstream valve.

Poseidon actually uses those Xstream guts for their full-face mask's Jetstream PP . . .

Attachments

• IMG_0184.JPG
    IMG_0184.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 49
Internally they appear to be the same, but as @Bigbella says the XStreams have that plastic sleeve vs the tiny e-clip.
None of my XStream servos leak so I haven't attempted to disassemble one... not sure if the plastic sleeve is simply pushed onto the shaft and held by a friction fit or if they are co-moulded around a retention flange?

Here's the servicing procedure for the Jetstreams at least:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom