Are you going to see "Into the Blue" Release Date July 15, 2005?

Are you going to see "Into the Blue" Release Date July 15, 2005?

• Yes

Votes: 23 52.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 10 22.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Murchison:
Now that looks like it's going to be a very good film.
Rick

It looks good and I'll see it too but just so you know it's a collection of clips from Discovery Channels "Blue Planet" series with a different narrator.

Still, I didn't get see the first series on the big screen so it will be cool to see if it comes to my local Imax.

Deep Blue is just a collection of scenes from the Blue Planet series. If you can't see Deep Blue in your country, rent the Blue Planet. The only benefit to seeing it at the cinema is the big screen. But the cure for that is Coral Reef Adventure or Dolphins or any of the other great ocean related IMAX films.

_Bella_:
Deep Blue is just a collection of scenes from the Blue Planet series.

Are you sure? I heard/read (don't remember which) that it was created from the film stock that was taken at the same time as the Blue Planet series, but is all different, and unseen. I heard/read that when creating the Blue Planet series, they shot nearly 10,000 hours of film; plenty available for the series AND a full length feature. Also, the film was to focus on the deep and avoid the reefs and other near-surface stuff that was featured in Blue Planet.

Steve

divetahoe:
Are you sure? I heard/read (don't remember which) that it was created from the film stock that was taken at the same time as the Blue Planet series, but is all different, and unseen. I heard/read that when creating the Blue Planet series, they shot nearly 10,000 hours of film; plenty available for the series AND a full length feature. Also, the film was to focus on the deep and avoid the reefs and other near-surface stuff that was featured in Blue Planet.

Steve

Hmm, good point. They have a list of all the scenes with a brief description of each at the official site here. I don't have all 8 of the dvd's yet so I can't say if they're completely new or not. I know I've seen several of those though, the arctic ones about the polar bear etc in particular.

I've seen it. They have either re-used footage or they used footage that is virtually the same. Another point I didn't like about it is it is not fully narrated. It has narration to introduce scenes but that's about it. The narrator is different and I strongly feel that David Attenburough was far better. They also use the same musical score. Still, if you get the chance, see it.

_Bella_:
I've seen it. They have either re-used footage or they used footage that is virtually the same. Another point I didn't like about it is it is not fully narrated. It has narration to introduce scenes but that's about it. The narrator is different and I strongly feel that David Attenburough was far better. They also use the same musical score. Still, if you get the chance, see it.

I stand (sit?) corrected. <bow>

Steve

Oh, and just to get this back on topic :) I'll probably see Into the Blue and fall asleep.

Into The Blue:

T&A, wreck diving, treasure hunting - Heck Ya I'm going to see it. So what if the diving stuff isn't accurate. Neither was the flying in Top Gun and everyone loved that movie. :D

Deep Blue:

I love educational shows on the ocean. I've seen all the IMAX films, Blue Planet, and other such films. All great stuff to motivate us to live to a higher standard.

Spring Break Shark Attack:

If you like B movies, then this is on the list. Watching a B movie is like going to the bowling ally for fun - you have to do every now and again. If you watch a movie like this for anything other than to get a laugh and then complain about it, you should not be out in public. :)

3 movies about the ocean that appeal to 3 different movie goers, or to a single movie goer with an open mind.

The "Into the Blue" folks bought a good deal of stuff, and borrowed even more, so I guess I better go see if any of our gear made the cut.
I have a Zena BC that Jessica Alba supposedly wore, so maybe I can ebay that if the movie is a hit and put my kid through college... ::)

On a completely unrelated note: Imagine the shock of seeing Zeagle Rangers pop up in Jackass: The Movie when you are sitting in a theatre completely unprepared. I'm not sure it was great publicity, but I sure did laugh a lot... :wink:

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom