Are you planning to fly to Coron ? Baggage allowance problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just for reference we just returned from a trip to Coron yesterday and can confirm Cebu Pacific not only offer only 20kgs on check-in bookings but are also being very strict on weighing all bags including hand luggage - not to mentioned they are also checking all carry-on bags to make sure they are physically no bigger than the maximum carry-on size box at Buswanga Airport. There were quite a few rather upset (and substantially poorer) people at the airport as a result!

We're normally in Coron every 8-10 weeks and this was the first time the new 20kg rule was in force, it seems to have been introduced a few weeks back. Best to stick with PAL Express and their Sports Plus card if you can, otherwise be prepared for 200 Php per excess kilo or part thereof and any hand luggage over 7kg being put in a check-in :-/

You should try to call their call center or email and ask their suggestion on your situation. They should be able to give you the best option.

You should try to call their call center or email and ask their suggestion on your situation. They should be able to give you the best option.

I live in the UK, so it would be cheaper for me to charter a plane that it would cost in phone calls trying to find someone with any intelligence at their customer support.

Ater over 3 weeks of attempting to e-mail them I have finally had a reply - their response was to pay the excess baggage fee at the airport. Mmmm very unhelpful as usual from their so called customer service team.

I live in the UK, so it would be cheaper for me to charter a plane that it would cost in phone calls trying to find someone with any intelligence at their customer support.
Ater over 3 weeks of attempting to e-mail them I have finally had a reply - their response was to pay the excess baggage fee at the airport. Mmmm very unhelpful as usual from their so called customer service team.
You should count yourself very lucky that 5J had actually answered your mail!!!!

You should count yourself very lucky that 5J had actually answered your mail!!!!

lol, yes I know I was very lucky, but I have lost count of all the e-mail I have sent to them. Still not had a reply to the last mail I sent them though.

I have never dealt with any company with such a poor customer service department. Any problems and you are on your own with them.

lol, yes I know I was very lucky, but I have lost count of all the e-mail I have sent to them. Still not had a reply to the last mail I sent them though.

I have never dealt with any company with such a poor customer service department. Any problems and you are on your own with them.
I go to its small office in HK because the phone is rarely answered!
BTW, PAL Express is no better either in dealing with enquiry/problem.

What you pay is what you get. Never mind.
Always look on the bright side of life(Eric Idle).

I have to agree that Cebu Pac has the worst customer service attitude that I have ever delt with. I live in Coron. If you pay excess baggage fee, it will cost you a lot more. On CebuPac, you can prepay for your luggage up to 4 hours before your flight at the discounted prepay rate. Less than 4 hours and it is the excess baggage rate. You might be able to get around it that way. I live in Coron, and when I go to Manila, to shop, I send a box back air cargo. You have to go to the CebuPac cargo office, which probably wouldn't be the easiest option for someone on holiday.

I have flown a couple of Philippine domestic airlines a few years ago and I am sure that Cebu Pacific was one of them. As I recall, there was no specific sports luggage allowance but we informed them at the time of booking that we had extra weight and were charged a fixed sum of something around USD 40.

Unfortunately there are no cebu pacific offices in the UK.

I have already prepaid for baggage, but the maximum available is just 20kg now. In previous years I had no problem pre-booking 30kg baggage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom