Area Gulf Water Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone have updates on water temps in the Clearwater area? I will be down there in two weeks and need to know what type of suit to pack. Thanks for the help.

Does anyone have updates on water temps in the Clearwater area? I will be down there in two weeks and need to know what type of suit to pack. Thanks for the help.

Water temp is 58-62 right now brother man.

I haven't put a report up in a while because Im fairly certain no one reads them but this week it's worth it.

EPIC VIS OFF OF ST PETE.

I was in 70 ft of water yesterday and could see the ledge from the surface before i pulled the string on my wing to go under. Seas were 2-4 mostly, sunny all day.

If you like to dive this area now is the time.

Thanks for the reply John. 60 degees sounds like bath water compared the 38degree mess i was in a few weeks ago! I'm calling Cpt Rod at Dive Clearwater to set up a charter for next week. I hope the vis holds up.

What's the viz like out there John?

Water temp is 58-62 right now brother man.

I haven't put a report up in a while because Im fairly certain no one reads them but this week it's worth it.

EPIC VIS OFF OF ST PETE.

I was in 70 ft of water yesterday and could see the ledge from the surface before i pulled the string on my wing to go under. Seas were 2-4 mostly, sunny all day.

If you like to dive this area now is the time.

When i made the report it was top to bottom in 70 feet with 40-50 horizontal down on the ledge.

Its back to normal or worse now lol.

The gags are starting to get ridiculous too, i swear they throw themselves in front of my speargun.

I did Venice beach dive yesterday with friends and family from NYC. 5 mil and they were freezing... Acting like a bunch of female cats...My SP Everflex 5/4 kept me nice and comfortable...Water temps around lower 60's with 5' to 7' Viz. Hopefully, this should be the last of the fronts for awhile and water temps will climb... keep your finger crossed.

Went out to 70 feet of water april 1st for the grouper open and had 50 feet of horizontal vis, one of the best vis days ive ever seen at that depth.

Went out to the same spot april 7th and vis was half of before, here is a short vid from the 7th of my favorite shallow ledge.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kvf4s54bv21i2ng/Vis040713.mp4

I have more but they are prob to violent for yal folks. Lol.

EDIT: No fish were harmed in the making of this video.

Last edited:
EDIT: No fish were harmed in the making of this video.

I want to see the video the fish are being harmed in...
eyebrow.gif

whats the water temp around st.pete/clearwater area? i might be coming down in a week or so, not sure what wetsuit to take with me

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom