ARGH!!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Even if it were ligit, I've never been a big fan of correspondence courses anyway. I like the human interaction of meeting new people with a common interest. Hell, I don't even like drive-ups at burger joints, I park and go inside, even if it's to go. It gives me the chance to smile at a harried fast-food worker. They are usually plum out of smiles, ever notice?

I wouldn’t laugh too hard. I know this guy, he made over $100,000.00 last year! However, he is in trouble with parents suing him. His sky diving course didn’t work so well….

It has no signs that is it a member of PADI, BSAC or any other organisation...which is what made me think it was so suss!
It shocks me to think these people will try and train others to dive!

Hey Mario
Totally agree with you -- syruss32 you are keeping me in stitches... :D

Originally posted by DivingGal
Hey Mario
Totally agree with you -- syruss32 you are keeping me in stitches... :D

Sorry DivingGal I really don't try and be funny but life is too short to be serious all the time...

.....than to cry. You have all heard I am sure that it takes less facial muscles to laugh than to cry.....so we should all laugh a little more.

Butch :peace:

I got certified through them and they're a Damn Fine organization!!!........(just kidding)..

Seriously though, the way the first part of the website reads:
"Graduates recieve a certificate and academic referral to any certifying agency or dive shop in the entire world"

That way that is worded, it leads me to believe that they are stating that you will recieve a "certificate" (one that says you completed "their" course) and an "academic referral"(referring you a recognized agency allowing you to go ahead and take the recognized agency's course for a certification to dive).

It looks like it's basically a refresher sort of course to introduce you to the things you are going to need to know to pass the course for diving certification. I may be wrong, but that is how I interpret it. It is very misleading. It leads you to believe that you get a certificate to be certified to dive, but notice it doesn't say that exactly. It just says you get a certificate. It eludes to the idea that you are certified to dive but doesn't flat out say that. You just get a certificate saying that you passed "their" course and can then be "referred" to a regular certification agency. Why would they refer you to a recognized agency? So you could then take the course of the recognized agency for a certification to dive...because their agency probably cannot certify you to dive. They can only "certify" you to be referred to a recognized agency(a referral, which you do not need before going to a recognized agency anyway)...very misleading indeed...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom