Argon Cannister Q

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

argon- yes
trimix for insulation- no

am i a diver- you seriously ask such a question...of course i am a diver

I asked because the three posts I quoted are full of erroneous statements.

According to your previous posts ...

Atomic Diver:
On a similar note - forget argon bottles, they just show how inexperienced you are. Inflate drysuit with weakest deco mix.

also i associate argon with skin itch or rash....aka skin bends

So why are you using argon?

According to your profile, the coldest water you've ever dived in was in the Channel Islands. That's not very cold, and unless you're doing some serious deco you don't need argon for those water temps.

Also, according to your profile, you're not trained for using deco mixes.

See your highlighted statement above ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

A separate inflation bottle would also give you an opportunity to shutdown the gas quickly or just allow to keep it closed after the required depth is reached, thus eliminating the runaway inflator problem.

I had the chance last year to do a ice dive with my uncle, thats when i used argon...by the way i just copied and pasted that paragraph from an article a friend of mine wrote

CO2 has some great qualities,and as long as your are diving where you won't have any moisture on your skin from prespiration ie in the heat before your dive then it could be a good choice. If you have moisture,for example in the axilla,it will form carbonic acid on the skin with the possibility of an uncomfortable sensation or a rash.
You also need some pressure.

I have not tried shield gas deeper than about fifteen feet. I am told the problems with acid show up at greater depths.

I would imagine it is a partial pressure thing, so diving with pure CO2 would get the diver into issues shallower than a mix.

Have you ever used argon?

Have you ever used trimix?

Are you even a certified diver?

Before you get too heavily into giving people advice about how to dive cold water, I recommend you at least try it first ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

This ^^

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom