Armor All is da BomB!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually a real problem with Natural Gas drilling rigs is that if there is a rupture at the well head the rig will no longer float and then sink. It is due to the loss of mass (water) to displace the rig. I doubt that Armor All would have any appreceable effect on a wetsuit or dry suit with loss of bouyancy. Maybe a good show for Myth Busters!

That's my 2 cents on this.... :wink:

you did give me a idea with the armorall,i have a 7mill semidry that is very difficult to get in,i have been using hair cond. to help wiggle in it , it helps some but i bet some armorall inside would help sliding into it alot easier anyone tryed it?

No idea, so I'm not addressing the armorall issue, but wouldn't putting any oil-based liquid on your drysuit put your latex seals in serious jeopardy?

CompuDude:
No idea, so I'm not addressing the armorall issue, but wouldn't putting any oil-based liquid on your drysuit put your latex seals in serious jeopardy?

Armor All is not oil based.

RonFrank:
Armor All is not oil based.
CompuDude:
No idea, so I'm not addressing the armorall issue...
You DID bother to read my post, right, especially that first sentence? I was referring to the olive oil and other recommendations for oil-based products.

CompuDude:
You DID bother to read my post, right, especially that first sentence? I was referring to the olive oil and other recommendations for oil-based products.

I read the post, but did not make the association with the oils! :D Sorry about that.

As an update, I sprayed armor all onto a wet rag, wiped down the suit, waited until it dried, and rinsed it off. I actually took a shower with the suit on rather than have to dry the inside.

The suit looks great, and the stains, dirt, and ground in slit are gone. The surface of the suit feels no slicker than before, but overall the material seems less dried out, and the original color has been restored.

I'll post long term issues if they arise, but I don't expect any. I'm pleased with the results, and barring hearing any real reasons not to clean a drysuit with this product, I will use it again after another couple dozen dives assuming it's needed.

But a dirty drysuit looks cool. It makes you look like a real diver. Why would you want to look like a drysuit virgin again? :D

Divin'Hoosier:
But a dirty drysuit looks cool. It makes you look like a real diver. Why would you want to look like a drysuit virgin again? :D

Ahh grasshopper, it's how one looks Under the water that is the Zen of drysuit diving! :D

The suit looked great wet! I just can't imagine that having all the dirt deposits ingrained into the surface fabric was doing the suit any benefit.

If you've got dirt stains all over your suit, consider the Padi Peak Performance Buoyancy course. Just kidding, but my thinking is more in line with Divin'Hoosier. You should always take care to maintain your gear of course, but actually using it is the highest form of love. Wear those patches like badges.

Back
Top Bottom