Aruba - reservations required for dive trips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2airishuman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We have a trip to Aruba coming up at the end of February.

Is it necessary to book dive trips prior to our arrival on the island, or is it reasonable to arrange the trips once there?

One recommended shop has a no-refunds policy and I am hesitant to book $500 worth of dives in the event I have to cancel due to a bad cold or something.

Trip insurance would cover your missed dives. Sorry I cant respond directly to your question...

I find Aruba question don’t get alot of attention here. I have dove Aruba once and did make reservations ahead of time but I imagine its like anywhere else and you run the risk of a full boat the longer you wait, especially if its a small and popular dive op. But if you aren’t after a particular boat I am sure you could catch a last minute ride with someone.

We dove with Clive at Dive Aruba and we didn’t have to pay for our dives before we got there. We told him how much we wanted to dive and he put us in his schedule. He takes 6 divers max, so he does fill up. In 9 days of diving, there was only one day we couldn’t dive because he was already booked. We went in August which is their off season, so depending on when you go, it may be different, but we didn’t have to even pay a deposit before we got there.

I dove Aruba last year with Jadds. They will come and pick you up if you need a ride. If there are no cruise ships in town reservations probably wont be needed. However once the cruise ships arrive the island is a different place. It might be worth making reservations.

I also dove with Clive and on one dive was the only diver. Didn't have to pay for my dives with him until I dove.

I always use Clive and you probably will too after diving with him, we're in Aruba for 4-5 weeks every year and I have used Clive since 2011.
You do have to book ahead as space is limited but IMHO he is the best.
He doesn't rush you but he will not be a baby sitter either, "1 hour more or less" is how he puts it and the longest dive I have had with him is 74 minutes.
He does pick ups and drop offs if you require.
I really do think you will not be disappointed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom