Ask A Firefighter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s:
so what is average "rookie pay" for a starting firefighter? (working a normal shift rotation for ____ city department).

Our guys usually start at about 12.00 per hour based on a 106 hour pay period.

what exactly is a 106 hour pay period?

I thought most fire fighters worked a shift of something like 24 on and 48 off.

mike_s:
what exactly is a 106 hour pay period?

I thought most fire fighters worked a shift of something like 24 on and 48 off.

Right, its 24 on 48 off, but if you figure it biweekly, it comes up to around 106 hours. Thats just the way our city does it. Plus you get paid more if you are a paramedic, or are on the dive or haz mat team.

We also work a 24/48 schedule and our starting pay here is 20,000.... Awesome Huh??? That is about $6.33 per hour. So most fireman do not do this for the money, they normally have 2 jobs. I just got back from a car fire and seen this thread, hope you all don’t mind my 2 cents. Be SAFE.

Alabama is a dang big ole town. Either on SB or PM tell us what town you fite fies in.

Ummm yes...really easy one...*cheekily smiling...eyes rolling in another direction*
Do you think you can post a photo in your uniform...
For no reason in particular...just interested if you have the same uniforms as in Australia?hehe

TheFoggyMask:
Ever had to "rescue" someone from an S&M disaster?

Not an S&M disaster, but have had to repsond to a couple of "lodged foreign body" calls.

Tom Smedley:
Alabama is a dang big ole town. Either on SB or PM tell us what town you fite fies in.

Tuscaloosa

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom