Recommendations for cruise diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also, I'd consider travel medical insurance and medical evacuation insurance. If you don't have any health insurance at all, it's a no-brainer. If you have health insurance, double check that your policy covers incidents outside of the US, what they cover, and what you need to do. Even if they do, be prepared that some facilities will expect payment upfront and then you have to submit to your insurance for reimbursement.

Some insurance doesn't cover the cost of medical transportation back to the US, or if they do, it is only if the treating physician feels that transport back is necessary because they can't care for you. I personally use AirMed International. They will transport you back even if it is not medically necessary. It's not necessary for me, but for the amount of travel my family and I do (both diving and non-diving) it makes sense for us.

I have a DAN membership that covers medical transportation costs. I'll have to double check my medical insurance

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom