Roatan AOW and dive ops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jhylandmd

Registered
Reaction score
Will be traveling with the family to Roatan first week of July. We will be staying in West Bay have six days for diving, I would like to put my two kids (17 and 20) through advanced water while there.

Any particular recommendations for good dive operations that also provide good instruction? It is our first time in Roatan, so I’m not sure of logistics: should I try and book a shop/boat with the hotel ? Stick with one or split ? We won’t have a vehicle so not sure if the impact .

Had planned on knocking out AOW for the kids the first 2-3 days then an additional 3 days of diving . Any advice or suggestions you all have would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks !

Jeff

I cannot recommend any specific instructor, but I can tell you that I think the plan is a good one. It is what I did more than a quarter century ago in Cozumel. I got great 1-on-on instruction followed by three days of diving to practice the skills. It made me a lifelong diver.

Thanks. I am considering Coconut Tree Divers. As we will be staying in the Grand Roatan, anyone have an opinion / advice on the logistics of traveling between the two every morning? Any opinions on Coconut Tree (or others) would be helpful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom