Asking for help (again) Apeks KVR1 Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have recently picked up a used KVR 1 Apeks drysuit and have found it a great suit, very flexible and comfortable even tho' I am at the bottom of the size range (it is 2XL/3XL) The 'problem' is that it takes a couple of days to dry out properly.

To the question :

I see on you tube videos that there is a small zip running alongside the main zip, this zip can be opened to get into / remove the inner skin from the outer skin which would obviously help it to dry quicker.

Problem - my suit doesn't have the 'small zip'. Is it only more recent models that had the zip ? I believe mine is 2018/19 production.

Its not a 'life threatening problem' and I wouldn't get rid of the suit because of the drying problems the 'good' far outweighs the 'bad'.

But if I'm missing something simple I'd like to know.

Thanks in advance.

While I don’t have any experience with that suit, the best simple way to dry any suit is to hang it with air circulation. Everyone I know with these says it takes a long time to dry.

Put a fan on your suit.

Thanks for the replies I guess its just put up with the slow drying. I reckon it must weigh about 18-20lbs when it is wet.
I had a Fusion Fit, the women’s version with a thin neoprene skin. If I didn’t put a fan on it, the suit took forever to dry. One of those small turbo fans does the job nicely. For the inside, a HangAir (wide hanger with fan built in) is great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom