Atiomics Cobalt 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
R

Ropger Hell

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello together,
I need now the last time I hope the help of the community. I have problems with my Cobalt 2. I am able to charge the battery by USB-Cable without any problem. Only the life-time of the battery is very low. After two days, with 2 dives/day, the battery is almost empty.
Second problem, I can no more download the logs to the computer and I cannot do any firmware-upgrades.

What did I do:
1. Replace the battery.
2. Replace the Charging adapter
3. Change the USB-Cable
4. Cleaning of the contacts
5. Try the download on different Computer

Unfortunately without any success.
Now I heard, that Atomic stop the production. I hope, that anybody can give me some proposition to do. Otherwise I
have to waist the unit.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Hello together,
I need now the last time I hope the help of the community. I have problems with my Cobalt 2. I am able to charge the battery by USB-Cable without any problem. Only the life-time of the battery is very low. After two days, with 2 dives/day, the battery is almost empty.
Second problem, I can no more download the logs to the computer and I cannot do any firmware-upgrades.

What did I do:
1. Replace the battery.
2. Replace the Charging adapter
3. Change the USB-Cable
4. Cleaning of the contacts
5. Try the download on different Computer

Unfortunately without any success.
Now I heard, that Atomic stop the production. I hope, that anybody can give me some proposition to do. Otherwise I
have to waist the unit.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Hi Roger, sorry I missed this message for a few days. We are the original designers/ developers of the Cobalt electronics and firmware. I'll try to help diagnose the issue. You should be able to get at least 30-40 hours of diving time on a full battery, depending on screen brightness settings. Do I understand correctly that you have replaced the battery with a new one, or did you just remove and replace the same battery? You have already done many of the things I would suggest to check.

Can you tell me (System Info Screen) which firmware version is running on this Cobalt? That may make a difference as to which diagnostic options are available.

There is a battery diagnostic screen available in diagnostic mode. To access the Cobalt's diagnostic and calibration mode, the user name needs to be changed to ATOMIC <space> <space><apace> A. That is, ATOMIC, followed by spaces, with an "A" in the last possible slot. When you have done this, if you navigate to the System Info screen, there will be a button at the bottom labeled Diagnostic. Select this, then select battery from the sub-menu that pops up. If you can take snapshots of the screen, both without and then with the AC charger connected, that will let us know more about battery status and current draw. We would normally expect to see a current draw on the order of 54 mA with the screen at medium brightness.

If you didn't replace the battery with new, it's possible it is nearing the end of its useful life. Typically lithium-ion batteries fail by gradually losing capacity, particularly if left discharged for long periods.

Let me know what the diagnostic screen says and we will proceed from there.

We do have a ScubaBoard page devoted to supporting these computers:
Ocean Concepts

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom