Atlan Custom Wetsuit Models?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverBen : I've read many ads about Pinnacle suits. They seem top quality, but I've only seen high end Aqualung and Beuchat suits. Most divers here like to stay dry :wink:

Atlan suits are very simple, yet they are effective. They specialize in making neoprene stuff. No fancy elastiprene or merino sheep wool, just good old vanilla neoprene. Choose the right suit and you will keep your body warm.

I purchased my suit in 2004 and there's no apparent sign of wear and tear. Besides the occasionnal DIY repair, not much maintenance is require. Just common sense.

I live a bike ride away from the factory, but I never had to send it back. They last as long as the neoprene lasts.

Hope this helps.

------slightly off topic------

Water volume is not your friend. Water is a conductor and one that flush at that. Having a hint of compression with full freedom of movement and no effect on breathing is what is desired.

You said it better than I did.

What I meant was that I found that my hands stay warmer if the gloves/mitts are a wee bit looser (more water inside) than the overall wetsuit fit. Compression will impede blood flow to your hands and feet more than it will restrict it on your body... or at least the effect won't be as noticeable.

Bar Harbor was fun!

Only dived two sites : Bass Harbor Head and Hunter's Beach cove.

We lost a wheel on the trailer halfway between Jackman and Skowhegan... on a Friday night :p We lost most of the weekend trying to get it fixed.

Like you said: we shall return!! Many, many, many lobsters! (and much more!)

Thanks for the trip report. We didn't most of these sites. We used lobster cage buoys as dive site markers :p

Frankly I suspected you meant just the gloves and I happen to agree with you. I find that by wearing a gauntlet you give the blood vessels in the wrist some extra protection. That warmer blood will in turn heat a small water volume in your hands. That water will circulate to the fingers when flexing the hands.

I'm in the process of writing the wetsuit topic for my website and was really zoned in on that perfect fit of the suit.

Let me now if you find yourself in Southern Maine!

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom