Atlanta - Aquatic Dive Centers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rcasey

Reaction score
I am looking for an aquatic center in the Atlanta area that allows scuba divers to dive in their dive well or deep end. I have called a few in Marietta and have not had much luck. My wife and I recently purchased new equipment and were hoping to dive in a pool nearby to get aquanted with it.

I called a LDS and they want to charge $40 per head for 1 hr., air, weights. NO THANKS!

Any suggestions.

The only two dive shops I know of that have their own pools are Atlanta Scuba Swim Academy (770-973-3120) on Johnson Ferry and The Dive Shop IV on Cobb Parkway (770-424-7700).

As far as I know, ASSA charges for their pool use for those who do not take classes from them.

Meanwhile, the last I heard The Dive Shop allowed people who bought gear at their store or take classes from them to use their pool free of charge.

Frankly, it costs money to run a pool, and you shouldn't expect to use it gratis. But $40 a head is a bit much! :(

~SubMariner~

I got my OWC from The Dive Shop on Sandy Plains. Was told that I could use the pool whenever. I elected to buy the main components from LP and not them ($$$). The downside to that is that I have nowhere to practice. They said that I could use their pool as long as my equip. was certified by them. Insurance reasons. I can understand that. But I don't feel like forking out money for a service that I received from LP. They assembled and tested the equipment. So I am kind of stuck.

I guess I won't be able to practice, but in a year when my equip needs servicing, then I will be able to use their pool.

If there is a Y nearby they might let you dive in there if you rent a lane. The local one does anyway.

Good luck.

Chad

rcasey once bubbled...
I am looking for an aquatic center in the Atlanta area that allows scuba divers to dive in their dive well or deep end. I have called a few in Marietta and have not had much luck. My wife and I recently purchased new equipment and were hoping to dive in a pool nearby to get aquanted with it.

I called a LDS and they want to charge $40 per head for 1 hr., air, weights. NO THANKS!

Any suggestions.

I'm not sure if anyone is still tracking this thread, but Seaventures out in Alpharetta has its own pool and allows divers to use it for checkouts, etc. I don't remember what the per-use charge is, but I know they offer an annual SCUBA club membership for $50/head that entitles you to pool time and discounts on services and merchandise. Bear in mind that the
pool stays quite busy (they're constantly hosting kids' birthday
pool parties and swim instruction camps), but if you call ahead,
they can tell you about availability that day.

Here's their website: http://www.seaventures.com

Regards,
Nathan

Back
Top Bottom