ATM availability in Sabang Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I returned last month and can report that the ATM in the bank in Sabang was still down. I ended up renting a motorbike and taking the short ride into Puerto Galera to go to a bank with an ATM. The cost to rent the motorbike was 100 pesos.

One of the fellows I was diving with used an ATM in the Big Apple restaurant and said it worked fine. I personally hesitate using non-bank ATM's because of situations like Pearlman describes above.

I should clarify that I tried many ATMs up the hill in Peurto Galera that were unattended and dimly lit in a road facing location. I suspect one of these ATMs had a card skimmer - rather than the one ATM I used at Asia Divers restaurant.

Sent from Tablet, please excuse brevity and typos...

Planning to go to Sabang in Jan 2015. How much cash would estimate needed for 2 people??? I know that's kind of open ended question, but just for normal eating/drinking...no bars. Just restaurants and mild entertainment???

Planning to go to Sabang in Jan 2015. How much cash would estimate needed for 2 people??? I know that's kind of open ended question, but just for normal eating/drinking...no bars. Just restaurants and mild entertainment???

The only time that I had spent over P1,500.00(a bottle of Australian wine was included) for a meal was the Christmas Buffet that I had yrs ago. Unless you really want to indulge yourself on expensive dinner then I find it quite difficult to spend anywhere near P2,000.00 per day on food and drink.

Unless you want to partake in the "local entertainment" <cheesy grin>

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom