Question ATM Near Casa Mexicana?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
living4experiences

living4experiences

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I usually get my Pesos from Wells Fargo before I travel, but their fees have gone up substantially. Now that I have the Schwab debit card, I don't have to worry about the ATM fees. We're staying at Casa Mexicana and looking for a reputable, mainstream bank ATM within a short walking distance. I know there's a 7-11 store practically on site, but I don't know if it's a trusted bank ATM. Any recommendations? TIA!

I usually get my Pesos from Wells Fargo before I travel, but their fees have gone up substantially. Now that I have the Schwab debit card, I don't have to worry about the ATM fees. We're staying at Casa Mexicana and looking for a reputable, mainstream bank ATM within a short walking distance. I know there's a 7-11 store practically on site, but I don't know if it's a trusted bank ATM. Any recommendations? TIA!
Yes, that ATM is fine. I think that it's a Santander -- or is it Scotia???
Anyway, I have a fintec account called Revolut. That particular ATM is an in-network ATM for Revolut , so I use it more than any other ATM on the island.
It also dispenses a variety of denominations.

There’s an HSBC on the square and several other banks in easy walking distance, maybe a BanaMex and a ScotiaBank. I always use the ATM at a bank, not the free-standing ATMs b

I use the Bancomer and Banorte ATMs in the Palacio Municipal across Melgar from El Cantil. I have never had a problem with them.

The HBSC on the square is now a vacant building. That was my go to. There is an HSBC ATM at Mega and a Scotiabank ATM at Mega. I have also used Santander. Similar ATMs at Chedraui.

The HBSC on the square is now a vacant building. That was my go to. There is an HSBC ATM at Mega and a Scotiabank ATM at Mega. I have also used Santander. Similar ATMs at Chedraui.
Yeah, that HSBC used to be my go-to. Now, I agree with the above, along with the Scotiabank about a block north of the plaza (Ave. 5 N y Calle 2 N). I'll also add that having heard about a number of muggings over the years at that Santander (Ave. 10 S y Calle 3 S) at night, I usually try to avoid it at night, though I will use it during the day.

Anyone know which is the best to use with an ATM card from credit union? Does it matter if it's credit union down there? Last time I was there I thought I'd use one at the Mega (or maybe it was soriano), and about pooped my pants when I saw the row of ATMs from 5-7 different places....

Anyone know which is the best to use with an ATM card from credit union? Does it matter if it's credit union down there? Last time I was there I thought I'd use one at the Mega (or maybe it was soriano), and about pooped my pants when I saw the row of ATMs from 5-7 different places....
An ATM does not care if it is accessing a credit union or a bank; my debit card is from a CU and I have had no problems using it on Cozumel in bank owned ATMs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom