Atmos 2 download problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Illini_Fan you can delete those dive after you download the computer.

ranchonodinero I don't have a metal button AI but I believe it in set 2

From aeris site
I AM NOT ABLE TO DOWNLOAD ALL DIVES:
AERIS Dive Computers have user selectable Sampling Rates that determine when data is sampled and stored for subsequent download to associated PC interface programs. More frequent sampling provides more data per dive yet results in storage of fewer dives for download. Use with Air or Nitrox, with or without air integration, dive profiles, and other variables also effect the number of dives that can be stored. Although as many as 150 dives might be stored for consistent 60 foot dives with the Sampling Rate set for a 10 foot rate, as few as 3 may be stored when the profiles fluctuate and the sampling rate is set for a 2 second rate.

256K Memory Sampling Rate Estimated Capacity
60 seconds 50-60 Hours
30 seconds 25-30 Hours
15 seconds 12-15 Hours
2 seconds 1.5-2 Hours

512K Memory Sampling Rate Estimated Capacity
60 seconds 100-110 Hours
30 seconds 50-55 Hours
15 seconds 25-30 Hours
2 seconds 4-5 Hours

I'm aware that the sampling rate has a large impact on the number of stored dives, what I'm not clear about is; does the dive computer allocate memory differently for dives it will download vs dives that are visible to display?

What I'm getting at, is that if the dive computer show 20+ dives as you cycle through, shouldn't all 20+ of those dives be available for download.

My understanding was that if I increased the sampling rate, my older divers would be overwritten if the space was needed and thus those dives would not be available for download NOR would they be visible on the dive computer.

Are you saying that dives can be visible on the dive computer, but not available for download because the sampling rate is too frequent?

Thanks -- I'll be back home this weekend and I'll try again.

Are you saying that dives can be visible on the dive computer, but not available for download because the sampling rate is too frequent?

Thanks -- I'll be back home this weekend and I'll try again.

That is correct. On a trip I would set the sampling rate at 15 or 30 seconds.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom