Atomic Aquatics Cobalt Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ron is there a way to see the water temp while diving? I can't get from the dive mode window back to the settings to get to that particular window, I can page forward to the compass but not back
thanks, sin city

The water temperature should display in the lower left of the dive screen. It will be alternating with the time of day- at least if you have recent firmware installed. re. the compass, are yo saying your Back button is not working to clear the compass display?

Ron

I see it now, it's just to smal for me to see under water I guess, I will look for it in cozumel in a couple of weeks, my software version is 22.8 1/2. It doesn't seem to want to charge, the screen says charged stopped

My Cobalt 1 suddenly stopped measuring/reading the dive depth (luckily I wear a backup computer) after 80+ dives. So as far as my Cobalt was concerned, I was not diving even though I was 40' underwater. I assume that the depth sensor has died. My lds sent it in to Atomic 6 weeks ago and all they are hearing from Atomic is that we have a "service backlog" and have not gotten to it yet. What is going on with Atomic's service? It used to be really great.

This does sound like a sensor failure. If the Cobalt detects a bad sensor reading, it will "freeze" the value rather than display suspect data. That could prevent it from starting a dive. Your Cobalt may well require a replacement PCB. But six weeks doesn't sound remotely right. I would encourage you to contact Atomic service directly, Adan Campos should be able to tell you status. adan.campos@huishoutdoors.com It would help if you have the serial #, and RMA#, or the date it was sent in, and if this was being done by a dealer, the dealer's name.

Ron

I have a Cobalt 1. Is it possible to delete certain dives but not all of them? Let me know. Thanks.

Ron,
I was about to purchase a used Cobalt 1 for my son. The seller used it today and it flooded. It is about 3 years old now. Is there any chance this can be fixed for a reasonable cost? I will purchase it if it can be fixed cheaply, otherwise, I will leave it alone.

Ron,
I was about to purchase a used Cobalt 1 for my son. The seller used it today and it flooded. It is about 3 years old now. Is there any chance this can be fixed for a reasonable cost? I will purchase it if it can be fixed cheaply, otherwise, I will leave it alone.

Well, it depends on where it flooded, and how badly. If it's just the battery compartment it's fairly easy to just replace the battery, assuming it hasn't been left a long time and corroded the contacts. If it leaked in the electronics area then it will need at least a replacement PCB, which I believe for out of warranty units can be done for about $350. However my understanding is that if Atomic determines the leak was caused by the HP seal failing- the subject of the Cobalt 1 recall a couple of years ago- they will treat it as under warranty. Basically it'a hard to say without having Atomic look at it and determine the cause and the extent of the damage.

Ron

Well, it depends on where it flooded, and how badly. If it's just the battery compartment it's fairly easy to just replace the battery, assuming it hasn't been left a long time and corroded the contacts. If it leaked in the electronics area then it will need at least a replacement PCB, which I believe for out of warranty units can be done for about $350. However my understanding is that if Atomic determines the leak was caused by the HP seal failing- the subject of the Cobalt 1 recall a couple of years ago- they will treat it as under warranty. Basically it'a hard to say without having Atomic look at it and determine the cause and the extent of the damage.

Ron

Thanks again Ron

Back
Top Bottom