Atomic BC Corrugated Hose Removal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I've been trying to figure out how to remove the shoulder swivel mount + corrugated hose assembly from my Atomic BC. I've tried the hose clamp to remove the hose - that won't budge. It also looks like the swivel mount base is welded to the BC. It doesn't appear to twist off. Atomic support told me its removable but they don't have a service manual nor is there a support center anywhere near me. Has there anyone who can point me in the right direction? Here are some pictures of the assembly.

Screenshot 2022-12-18 at 1.45.36 PM.png
Screenshot 2022-12-18 at 1.45.25 PM.png

Welcome to da' board.

To state the obvious the hose clamp has a Philips head screw. Should be able unscrew it as the hex bolt is captured in the hose clamp. Once fully unscrewed, it can be removed, followed by the hose. If you can not get it unscrewed (eg. the nut moves, thus the capture is striped) yer screwed and it will need to be cut off just as a zip tie would be (and would be the replacement).

As for the mount, should be able to unscrew it. They can be tight so it could take a bit of effort given the badder is flexible.

Note: I have not taken about an Atomic BCD but others with a similar hose clamp.

Welcome to da' board.

To state the obvious the hose clamp has a Philips head screw. Should be able unscrew it as the hex bolt is captured in the hose clamp. Once fully unscrewed, it can be removed, followed by the hose. If you can not get it unscrewed (eg. the nut moves, thus the capture is striped) yer screwed and it will need to be cut off just as a zip tie would be (and would be the replacement).

As for the mount, should be able to unscrew it. They can be tight so it could take a bit of effort given the badder is flexible.

Note: I have not taken about an Atomic BCD but others with a similar hose clamp.
Thanks - the Phillips screw is the first thing I tried of course - when it wouldn’t budge I contacted their support which said that the hose + mount they consider an assembly and are removed together. I tried twisting the mount but started to have second thoughts when it wouldn’t budge (and those pretty looking plastic nubs dig into your skin) and because the mount looks different from the twist offs on YouTube videos, I started to wonder if there’s a some special way for removing it.

It may be considered a unit by them but it’s not, remove the clamp, if the screw won’t turn try soaking it in warm soapy water for an hour, if that doesn’t work cut it. Once the clamp is off grab that big plastic connector in one hand and the hose in the other and twist to break the seal. You will also need to remove the inflator and or connector from the other end to get the hose off because there is a pull dump cable inside.

before doing anything, why do you want to remove it?

before doing anything, why do you want to remove it?

A few reasons 1) for cleaning / drying, 2) to be reasonably familiar with my gear, 3) may get a shorter hose (which they offer)

Also good news - decided to get in contact with the dive shop I got it from and I can confirm it is the standard twist off. They tighten/loosen it a tool, but it can be twisted off by hand. It just needs some force to loosen.

Thanks for the link to the tool. I was wondering if there was a specialized spanner. Seems there is. That said I have never had a problem removing the inflator or pull dump. Which I often remove both for drying.

As lexvil noted if the bolt will not move soak, otherwise cut the clamp off. Overall it seems like everything was assembled too tight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom