Atomic Cobalt 2 malfunction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

She bought a bran new Cobalt and it crapped out in the first 20 dives and then Atomics replaced it with a "New Upgraded" later model which lasted another 10 dives.
Her complaint is about having a $1200 computer that last until she gets where she can't get it serviced.
That averaged $100 a dive .
When did you have to get your computers serviced due to them crapping out at depth and putting your life in danger ?
As far as her living over there, what does that have to do with anything?
If you have any useful info on the Atomic cobalt 2 and how to extend the battery life to more that 3 dives then we would love to hear about it, but we really don't want to hear someone just bashing her.
We came to this site to try to get a solution to the issue and were hoping for productive comments and advise .
Steve Murvine AKA sddiverdude

As far as her living over there, what does that have to do with anything?

Yes, I am "for real." Things break, whether they're $1200 dive computers or $200 dive computers. That's just life. Part of the reason a Cobalt costs $1200 is it's backed by an extremely responsive company's support/service...but if you live so far away from them that availing yourself of their service/support options is too costly in time and shipping to make sense, then you're using the wrong computer for you, because you're "living over there."

I trust I have used small enough words for you, while still conveying the necessary concept. Regards.

Dr. Lecter,
I hope you would do me the favor of staying off my post link. I am working diligently with Ron (Atomics manufacturer) via private email to get my problem resolved. You are correct in that Atomics has been excellent in customer service, which is very important. However, as far as you stating that I had a temper tantrum I did not (and who are you to even know as you weren't there), I just wanted information on what is turning out to be an unusual problem with my Cobalt 2.
As far as you insulting my best friend, Steve, with using words small enough for him, I think the only words that appear in your brain may be swear words as perhaps this is the majority of your thinking style. Regardless, do me a big favor and keep your comments professional, related to the topic at hand (Cobalt 2 if your need a reminder), and your input is not wanted, appreciated, or desired. Good day.
By the way, things do break but this is about troubleshooting a product that has only been out since January 2014. If my experience can help the Atomic engineers fix the problem and improve their product then this is a bonus. Where I live has absolutely no bearing on customer service or support. I have not picked the wrong computer, as you stated yourself this could happen to any computer, manufacturer etc. It is not a matter of shipping being too expensive, it is more unreliable.

Yes, I am "for real." Things break, whether they're $1200 dive computers or $200 dive computers. That's just life. Part of the reason a Cobalt costs $1200 is it's backed by an extremely responsive company's support/service...but if you live so far away from them that availing yourself of their service/support options is too costly in time and shipping to make sense, then you're using the wrong computer for you, because you're "living over there."

I trust I have used small enough words for you, while still conveying the necessary concept. Regards.

Back
Top Bottom