Atomic Cobalt dive computer, first day of use

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Love mine as well -- easy to read, easy to navigate and setup. No idea why other manufacturers all seemed to go with the "push this button 2x then hold for 2 seconds etc." model of designing dive computers but hopefully the Cobalt starts a new trend of more accessible and easier to use computers.

Anyone who has one, have you figured out if there's a way to see what the actual time of day is during dive mode?

...Anyone who has one, have you figured out if there's a way to see what the actual time of day is during dive mode?
Thanks, we worked hard to make the Cobalt easy to use. With the current software there isn't any option to display the actual time in the dive screen- just the elapsed dive time. That stems from a desire to keep the screen as uncomplicated as possible, and the need to have room for everything without resorting to alternating displays or modes. With the compass on, using EAN, and in deco it gets pretty crowded, so screen real estate is at a premium.
Ron

Any idea if a wrist mount version is in the works?

TP

Anyone who has one, have you figured out if there's a way to see what the actual time of day is during dive mode?

Just an update on this- we had enough requests for this that we put the time of day display during a dive into the dive screen, alternating every 10 seconds (timing may change) with the temperature. This is being tested now and will likely be in the next firmware update.

Ron

Ron,
Thank you for your prompt reply. I look forward to seeing this wrist mount option. If it's air integrated as well, I'll definitely be picking one up.

Glad you are enjoying it. Both the Cobalt's internal dive log graph and MacDive store the tank pressure recorded with each segment. In MacDive just mouse over the part of the dive you want to see and the data will show below the graph. Or is this not what you are looking for? For units, make sure you have selected Imperial in MacDive Preferences. MacDive also displays by default surface temperature- since the Cobalt doesn't store surface temp., for some reason it defaults to 32° F (0° C).

There is an option in MacDive preferences (select the columns option) to display total gas used in a column for each dive, but this is a total. If you double click a dive in the list a window opens where you can select the RAW option and see the actual data stored with each segment.

Ron

Hey Ron,
I just bought a Cobalt (used) and it has some old dives on it that I would like to remove. Can you send me what I need to do so I can clear out this old data?

Thanks!!!

Hi RonR,
I just bought a used Cobalt also and this is the only place I can find that seems to know how to remove old dive log data. I would appreciate it if you could send me the instructions to clear them out as well. Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom