Atomic Frameless Mask- I tried it today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubatoys:
Yea, they are pretty darn impressive... it's the new super clear glass makes the visibility unbelievable. A bit pricey at 90 bucks... but very cool mask.

WOW that is pricey.... I have a quesion Larry would this mask fit a melon of a head or is it for smaller faces?

I have a melon head and it fits me just fine. Took it in the pool for the maiden voyage today. Fogged slightly at first, but that cleared up later (after some more spit). Very comfortable and didn't leak at all. I'm not sure if I like it THAT much better than my seavision 2000, But old habits die hard. And as the dive (vacuming the bottom )progressed I forgot I had a new mask on.(That's about the best compliment you can pay a new piece of equipment). Definitely a keeper!!

It will be yours ASAP. Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad to read such positive reviews on the mask. I'm not suprised though, it rocks! Based on the feedback we are getting it's going to be THE dive mask to own. I'll be happy to help anyone get set up with their closest dealer to get any Atomic product.

I do recommed giving it a real good cleaning with your standard toothpaste before use and a follow up cleaning as well. What can I say, it's not your standard lens, it's an high grade optical lens. I have heard they need a little extra cleaning on the first dive but after that you'll SEE the difference.

Cheers,
Darcy
darcy@atomicaquatics.com

If you could help me get intouch with my local Atomic Dealer (Sydney Metro, Australia) i would be much oblidged...

Lukiedukie:
WOW that is pricey.... I have a quesion Larry would this mask fit a melon of a head or is it for smaller faces?

Having tried them on at BTS, I'd have to say definitely not for a narrow face. Had a harder time getting a seal than any other mask I've ever tried. But the optics are fabulous! Looking forward to Atomic coming out with a smaller version (which I hear is in the works).

Lukiedukie:

Having tried them on at BTS, I'd have to say definitely not for a narrow face. Had a harder time getting a seal than any other mask I've ever tried. But the optics are fabulous! Looking forward to Atomic coming out with a smaller version (which I hear is in the works).

A couple questions -
Darcy, can you order these masks online or directly from the manufacturer? I'm not near ANY dive shops :wink:

What are the advantages disadvantages of the frameless vs the one with 2 lenses? I have always used masks with 2 lenses...they always seemed lower volume and better fitting, but I have no real reason for the preference...just the masks that have fit me in the past. What are the different selling points between the two models?

And you folks with new masks...dunno if you know this trick, but you have to scrub a new mask a few times with toothpaste. The kind that says "whitening" is the kind to use because it has little polishing bits in it. You need to scrub off the stuff that gets on the glass from the silicone skirt. Scrub and rinse it 2 or 3 times with toothpaste when you first get it and you'll be set. After that, use Johnson's Baby Shampoo for defog. It's the best/cheapest solution I've seen.

Cheers :D

Hi Humuha..... (ok I give up :)

No we do not sell any of our products on line. You will need to go through an authorized dealer. Contact me at my work email darcy@atomicaquatics.com and l will help find the closest dealer near you and we will work w/ them direct.

There are no real advantages or disadvantages on either, it's really like a lot of parts of diving , just personal preference and what works for you. If you need prescription lenses then you will want to go w/ the 2 windows as that option is not available on the frameless.
The differences in the masks are design and fit. The Subframe is slightly bigger on the skirt where the frameless is super low profile and it really fits snug, it's very easy to purge and has a really wide range of vision. It's really comes down to if you like a 2 window or 1 window. The SubFrame 2 window does come with a lifetime warranty on the frame against breakage so if you tend to drop your tank on things that may be a plus :) All faces are different so it's hard to say which you would like better. We are sellling both like crazy so it's a close call to say which one is "better".

Take a look at our webisite and I can drop you a brochure in the mail on Monday.
Happy Diving,
Darcy

Back
Top Bottom