Atomic regulator sales online now allowed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s

Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like Atomic is going to allow regulator sales online. See announcement below

Atomic Aquatics Retailers Anxious to Embrace New ATOM Online Sales Program

DEMA Booth #1271
New program the latest in Atomic Aquatics’ ongoing fight against “Grey Market” sales

Earlier this month, Atomic Aquatics Management unveiled details of the new ATOM (Atomic Total Online Marketplace) program. This innovative partnership between Atomic Aquatics and its retailers, provides a way for consumers to purchase products online through retailers participating in the ATOM program.

The ATOM program is the direct result of Atomic Aquatics’ on-going battle with “grey market” sales which affect dive retailers and the overall dive industry. Atomic Aquatics has always been supportive of innovation in the dive industry, and using the ATOM program and the internet is a perfect example of a positive innovation. Atomic Aquatics will continue to work to stop “grey market” internet sales for the benefit of its retailers.

“We’re anxious for our retailers to fight back against ‘grey market retailers’. That’s why we developed the ATOM program as the ultimate weapon against unfair and destructive online marketers,” said Atomic Aquatics Management.

Since the announcement of the program, dozens of Atomic Aquatics dealers have signed up to participate. The common theme from each dealer? Great anticipation to see results from the innovative new ATOM program.

“I believe in online retail,” said Jennifer Fisher of A-1 Scuba in Trevose, Pennyslvania. “In today’s marketplace, it’s necessary in order to be competitive. I’m looking forward to the ATOM program. It’s an ambitious effort.”

Her enthusiasm is echoed by Lori Zoun, co-owner of Neptune Divers in Salt Lake City, Utah. “The program has a lot of potential. It allows us to broaden our base of customers. I like the fact that the program is not going to take customers away from our store or keep people away. It’s actually going to help us grow our customer base.”

Atomic Aquatics Management will be launching the program nationally November 20. Retailers attending the DEMA Trade Show will be able to attend a special seminar to introduce the program and answer any questions. Stop by the Atomic Aquatics booth for more details.

This is great news! Hopefully scubatoys.com will be one of the retailers.

double post

I fully support online sales but I do spend a lot at my LDS when they are compeditive in price. You just need to becarefull of what you are getting online when you cant look at the item and inspect/try it on first.

Always remember..............the devil is in the details!

Phil Ellis

This is a nice thing, but I agree with WarrenZ. I support my LDS for all my scuba gear needs. I purchased my Atomic B2 DIN regulator and B2 octo from my LDS and they did me right by matching a competitors offer of 20% off. Could not beat that deal. How can you not support your LDS in that case? Still, I hope this new venture for Atomic will benefit those that may not have a LSD near by.

The key, for customers, is if dealers have to stick to some sort of minimum advertised price.

Atomic does not seem to have anywhere near the distributor network of other popular manufacturers. This should increase the availability of these regs (good for mfgr) but may have no effect on price or service (bad for consumer). But it is still another crack in the wall.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom