Atomic regulators: O-Ring sizes (...again...)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,

thanks for the replies! So, 111 for the DIN valve. The pressure is I think (indirectly) not completely irrelevant regarding material as 300bar will mean a higher ppO2 than 9.5+ambient bar. Though I of course agree that the O-ring will not catch fire, there could thus be a rationale for viton...

So, there seems to be no strong agreement whether 010 or 011 is "better"? Of course I could just run with 010 as this was what Atomic seems to use, but from gut feeling I do not like how the 010 needs to be stretched to go over the plug...(?)

Herman, what you write in the post you linked also sounds very logical. I just wondered why the manufacturer will then supply 010 on the plug it seems. But then, if it works it is of course fine. As said, from gut feeling I would also have disliked the fit of the 010 -- without knowing the detailed specification you present.

Thanks!
Dominik
Scuba O-Rings NBR 70Sh-903 - Premium O-rings Provider for Scuba Diving
In respect of oxygen gas of course always you have to use viton Genuine VITON® O-Rings Nitrox for Nitrox applications and for pure oxygen even a special grade of viton VITON® Green Scuba O-Rings for pure Oxygen applications

Pretty simple progression for the 3 most common, of course with some exceptions:
010 for the 2nd stage swivel connection
011 for all of the MP/LP hose connections at the 1st stage
012 for the HP connections at the 1st stage. (Yes, that is not exactly correct, but far closer to correct than a 011 is.)

That is assuming not a (really) old set before standardization, or a metric set, or a primary regulator hose with a 1/2" connection still sometimes used by some brands.

Hi,

first stage in question is a Z2 (also have a ST1). Both not dedicated for >EAN40. I guess really most of my question marks come from Atomic using a 010 for the native LP blind plugs, where most of the rest of the diving world seems to prefer a 011 for these threads...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom