XS Pro Valve O-rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boarderguy

Chief Narctopus Wrangler
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
My current pro valve o-rings are nearing the end of their life with 2 having developed leaks at both the yoke mating surface and the din plug sealing surface. I don't mind buying them from my LDS, as I have due the last few years, but I'd like rather know what to buy in bulk for my small fleet of tanks.

What size o-rings are used in the plug for these valves?

I unfortunately do not have the exact measurements of the DIN insert that XS Scuba uses.

I do have used BS112 O-Rings (2.62mm x 12.37mm) in a plethora of inserts with a 8mm allen key opening. From the website pictures I would would wager that they are a good fit. If you have an old O-Ring to confirm rough measurements, you should be good to go, or someone else may chime in with the exact O-Ring.

I do want to point out that XS Scuba calls for Viton O-Rings in this area, which I hate to use in this spot. If you can source and afford it, an O-Ring from Polyurethane Elastomer (PU) will do better by an order of magnitude. Even simple NBR is superior in this place.

Attachments

• Pro Valve - Schematics (2018).pdf
    143.9 KB · Views: 57
I unfortunately do not have the exact measurements of the DIN insert that XS Scuba uses.

I do have used BS112 O-Rings (2.62mm x 12.37mm) in a plethora of inserts with a 8mm allen key opening. From the website pictures I would would wager that they are a good fit. If you have an old O-Ring to confirm rough measurements, you should be good to go, or someone else may chime in with the exact O-Ring.

I do want to point out that XS Scuba calls for Viton O-Rings in this area, which I hate to use in this spot. If you can source and afford it, an O-Ring from Polyurethane Elastomer (PU) will do better by an order of magnitude. Even simple NBR is superior in this place.
same 2,62 x 12,37 mm

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2023-12-22 125441.png
    Captura de pantalla 2023-12-22 125441.png
    225.4 KB · Views: 55
My current pro valve o-rings are nearing the end of their life with 2 having developed leaks at both the yoke mating surface and the din plug sealing surface. I don't mind buying them from my LDS, as I have due the last few years, but I'd like rather know what to buy in bulk for my small fleet of tanks.

What size o-rings are used in the plug for these valves?
I have always had god luck with the 112 size.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom