Divesoft flow limiter O-ring size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stuartv

Seeking the Light
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a Divesoft trimix analyzer with the older style Divesoft Pro Flow Limiter.

Last week, the O-ring between the two main parts of it extruded. A DIN O-ring is too thick. A Yoke valve O-ring is too small. VERY frustrating.

Does anybody know what size O-ring goes there and where I can get a small supply of them? The Divesoft online store doesn't appear to have them.

I've got a tech class coming up in 3 weeks and I really want this fixed before then. I have emailed Divesoft, but I'm posting here to hedge my bets in case Divesoft is not able to sort me out in a timely fashion.

Side note: Apparently, they have changed the Pro flow limiter and it no longer has a port allowing you to add an SPG. No idea why they made that change, but that really sucks!

2023-12-02 12.07.43.jpg

Divesoft already responded to me (on a Sunday!).

For your future reference (and mine), here is what they said. The reference to ordering "balls" is because I asked about ordering more ball bearings that go in the flow limiter as well. I lost the one in mine once and learned that it's rendered useless without that ball bearing. I bought spares, but somehow my supply has dwindled... LOL

Having the McMaster links is great, too, but their minimum quanties for each were way more than I need. The shipping for 5 ball bearings and 2 O-rings from Divesoft was $15, but the order total was still way less than an order from McMaster, so...

Anyway, thank you Divesoft!!

I am sorry for the trouble. This O-ring size is a metric 13.5x1.5. Most US sizes are a 1.78mm cross section, just a little too thick. For your future reference I found this O-ring chart super handy when trying to find a functional US O-ring for a metric item. The bottom of the chart has some 900 series O-rings, a few of which sometimes show up in other SCUBA locations like in inflators, quick disconnects, etc.

You can buy it from us, I don’t keep many in stock. Just enough for service. You can order the balls and in the notes just ask for a couple O-rings. Note that both are also on mcmaster.com under these part numbers 9263K574 & 96415K71.

Lol and I just opened a group chat without reading the whole thread.

Thanks for posting this. I also need to replace this o-ring but keep forgetting to email Divesoft.

Yes, thanks a bunch, I'll make a note for when the time comes.

I have a Divesoft trimix analyzer with the older style Divesoft Pro Flow Limiter.

Last week, the O-ring between the two main parts of it extruded. A DIN O-ring is too thick. A Yoke valve O-ring is too small. VERY frustrating.

Does anybody know what size O-ring goes there and where I can get a small supply of them? The Divesoft online store doesn't appear to have them.

I've got a tech class coming up in 3 weeks and I really want this fixed before then. I have emailed Divesoft, but I'm posting here to hedge my bets in case Divesoft is not able to sort me out in a timely fashion.

Side note: Apparently, they have changed the Pro flow limiter and it no longer has a port allowing you to add an SPG. No idea why they made that change, but that really sucks!

View attachment 815063
So did it come partially unscrewed allowing the o-ring to extrude or just spontaneously failed?

Divesoft already responded to me (on a Sunday!).

For your future reference (and mine), here is what they said. The reference to ordering "balls" is because I asked about ordering more ball bearings that go in the flow limiter as well. I lost the one in mine once and learned that it's rendered useless without that ball bearing. I bought spares, but somehow my supply has dwindled... LOL

Having the McMaster links is great, too, but their minimum quanties for each were way more than I need. The shipping for 5 ball bearings and 2 O-rings from Divesoft was $15, but the order total was still way less than an order from McMaster, so...

Anyway, thank you Divesoft!!

Aw tell me about it!!! loosing the little ball thing is the worst game ever. I have done it twice now, thank god the replacement kit has 5 of them. Pro-tip if you travel with it a lot the bleed screw liked to rattle loose and completely back off causing the ball to fall out, I usually put a strip of tape across it to keep it in place or the whole thing a seal Tupperware container so that if it does back off all the parts are inside the container.

Glad to see I am not the only one that put an SPG on it (I find this super handy), too bad to hear the new ones do not allow this.

Glad you got the oring sorted but I am lost why you need an spg on an analyzer? You taking it diving with you?

Glad you got the oring sorted but I am lost why you need an spg on an analyzer? You taking it diving with you?

You can analyze and check the tank pressure all in one. Super nice when you have multiple tanks your diving between. Same for B/O that you have in storage and use for different dives. Just a habit but I always analyze and check tank pressure even if its a B/O I labeled up a couple months ago and I know its just been sitting there I will still analyze.

Kind of sucks with you grab a tank analyze it, make a nice label, rig the thing up or strap it to your unit to and find out you only have 150bar.

Also very nice for teaching for filling out gas logs. First thing you do is analyze and write mix and pressure. Now you can do that right away instead of analyzing and the later having to get the pressure once you rig the tank up.

Oh yeah also nice to if you bosh your mix up, gives you an instant idea how much you can throw on top of it.

1702251475284.png

Aw tell me about it!!! loosing the little ball thing is the worst game ever. I have done it twice now, thank god the replacement kit has 5 of them. Pro-tip if you travel with it a lot the bleed screw liked to rattle loose and completely back off causing the ball to fall out, I usually put a strip of tape across it to keep it in place or the whole thing a seal Tupperware container so that if it does back off all the parts are inside the container.

Glad to see I am not the only one that put an SPG on it (I find this super handy), too bad to hear the new ones do not allow this.
I’m glad I didn’t put off getting one. Being able to check the pressure and analyze the gas saves a ton of time not having to fool around with screwing in the pressure checker separately. Divesoft is doing a disservice to their customers by no longer offering the only product I’m aware of that does both functions. If the old flow limiter had not been available, I probably would have rigged something up with a SPG and an inflator hose. But that would take up considerably more room and cost more money.

Yes, of course it can also be a non submersible pressure gauge. If that was what you were getting at?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom