Atomic T2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone here diving with one, if so, what's it like? :D

I have the predecessor to the T2 called the T1X and from what I've been told they are quite similar. After trying a number of other high end regs in the past few years, I'd have to say I'll stick to the Atomics. The typical reports of effortless breathing in any position are quite accurate.

I bought the Z2. I bought it because of the hype that all models breathe the same and that it is the sweetest breather. I have since tested it against a Mares (do not know the model, but it was a mid grade) and an Oceanic Delta IV, the best Oceanic has. After each dive with a different reg, I wanted to go back to the Z2. I haven't tried everything, but so far, the hype is well deserved.

About this same time last year, I bought an atomics Z2 regulator and recently, I bought the highly acclaimed T2. The T2 is the replacement for the Ti1. All of atomics regulators have the same basic design which makes them some of the best regulators available. The biggest differences between the Z2, B2, M1 and the T2 are the materials they're made from and the features each one comes with.

The top three things I like about the T2 are: 1) it is the best performing regulator available, 2) extremely light weight(I plan on going to a few distant diving destinations in the future) and 3) the swivel turret is cool.

But if your in the market for a new regulator and want something that performs as well as the T2 but don't want to pay the price for it, try the Z2.

Is it true then that the ST1 and T2 have exactly the same 2nd Stage and that the difference is that the ST1 uses SS in the 1st stage as opposed to more expensive Titanium?

If this is true....what is the price difference?

From the information I found, the ST1 retails for $899.00 and the T2 retails for $1499.00. I found the prices through atomics website(follow the link to shop online).

Is it true then that the ST1 and T2 have exactly the same 2nd Stage and that the difference is that the ST1 uses SS in the 1st stage as opposed to more expensive Titanium?

If this is true....what is the price difference?

Yes, and in fact the B2 also has the same second stage, with the titanium airtube etc. (Except for the cosmetics, of course.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom