Atomic Z2 vs. Zeagle Envoy Envoy Rezort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sytech

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After comparing many regs and with help from all of you I had decided that the best price/performance reg. for me was the Zeagle Envoy Rezort @$243.00 from LeisurePro.

Now LeisurePro has the Atomic Z2 on sale @$350. I don't mind spending the extra $$$ for a life-support device if it's really warranted.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sy

I went in to my LDS set to buy an Zeagle(cool Z on the front of the reg) Ended up leaving with a Z2 Atomic. I notice no difference while breathing up right on standing on my head looking under a rock. I love mine plus I never see anyone else on the boat with one like mine and the blue color matches my Atomic Mask!!:):)

IMO the atomic regs are the smoothest, easiest, most natural breathing regs currently on the market, and I don't believe any other manufacturer uses higher quality materials or as high a quality management standard in their manufacturing. Look at past test data, if you like such things, Atomic is always on top. Plus they're easy to configure for future technical use.
MY .02

After comparing many regs and with help from all of you I had decided that the best price/performance reg. for me was the Zeagle Envoy Rezort @$243.00 from LeisurePro.

Now LeisurePro has the Atomic Z2 on sale @$350. I don't mind spending the extra $$$ for a life-support device if it's really warranted.

Thanks,

Sy

The other thing to consider is the service interval.

The service interval for Atomic regulators is every two years or 300 dives whichever comes first.

Most other regulators have a one year service interval (not sure about Zeagle).
Some manufacturer with a 1 year service interval provide free parts if the regulator is serviced every year (ScubaPro for example).

Atomic's service interval is two years but does not include free parts.

I own two Atomic B2 regulators (one for me one for my wife) and they have been great regulators.

The range of diving I do is from around 40o F (New England) to 82o F (Caribbean & Hawaii).

I am big fan of Zeagle gear and initially after using their regs do some tech diving looked at buying some. But we also bought Atomics and now have 7 of them. They are great performers underwater but what sold me was that the 2nd stage are not as bulky as the Zeagles. They are a bit more but $350 is a descent price for the Z2 especially because it is sealed.

Thanks,

Sy

Probably you should lose the idea that spending more on "life support" makes your diving any safer. This whole marketing cr*p "It's life support, and your life is worth it..." is nothing more than fear as sales tactics.

If people died from using cheap regs, there would be ALOT of scuba deaths.

Now, atomic regs are high performance, quality designs, etc, and you might find that it breathes more smoothly and lasts longer between needing service. So, if you want to spend more money on that (perfectly reasonable) do it.

The Envoy is a great reg and breaths incredibly well and dry. You can environmentally seal it and it will still be cheaper I think. Look into the Envoy deluxe as well. You wont be disappointed with the Zeagle, and there is probably no noticeable difference between the 2.

My opinion is that you will be served very well with the Zeagle.

Back
Top Bottom