Attaching Bungee to an SK-7 Compass?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

esmiami,

Do they have those listed on the website anywhere? I'm currently using the stock bands on my Vytec and SK-7, mostly because I'm too lazy to figure out a decent way to attach bungee to the Vytec, and the idea of dragging bungee loops over my latex wrist seals doesn't appeal to me. Those straps look adjustable which would avoid any stress to the seals while slipping them on.

Scubaroo wrote...
Those straps look adjustable which would avoid any stress to the seals while slipping them on.
Or simply put your gloves on first, then don your compass and computer.

I'm using wetsuit gloves with no "gauntlet" to slip over the seals for protection - so there's exposed latex where the seal joins the trilam when I'm fully geared up. The excess latex kind of forms a cuff over my gloves - hard to describe without taking a picture. This "cuff" forms a large stiff circle around my wrist - that's what I was dragging the bungee over.

Not the best setup for sticking down lobster holes surrounded by urchins :)

Scubaroo wrote...
I'm using wetsuit gloves with no "gauntlet" to slip over the seals for protection - so there's exposed latex where the seal joins the trilam when I'm fully geared up. The excess latex kind of forms a cuff over my gloves - hard to describe without taking a picture. This "cuff" forms a large stiff circle around my wrist - that's what I was dragging the bungee over.
JMO, but if abrasion protection is that important, I'd get gauntlets before worrying about the bungees.

OTOH, the gloveless cave guys down in FL don't seem to have any problems with bungee abrasion....at least that I've ever read about.

YMMV.

:)

Scubaroo once bubbled...
esmiami,

Do they have those listed on the website anywhere? I'm currently using the stock bands on my Vytec and SK-7, mostly because I'm too lazy to figure out a decent way to attach bungee to the Vytec, and the idea of dragging bungee loops over my latex wrist seals doesn't appeal to me. Those straps look adjustable which would avoid any stress to the seals while slipping them on.

Call mark at 954-786-0661, tell him you want the ones Eric bought.
You'll love them.

Back
Top Bottom