Attaching heel straps/bungies/springs to fins without them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djbclark

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
The designer of your fins and owner of Force Fins is an active member of Scuba Board...try reaching out to him directly at Bob Evans.

-Z

I found the below very reasonably priced Force Fin Originals for sale, just one problem - absolutely no provisions for a heel strap!

Anyone have any conception of how hard it would be to add heels?

really easy to put fins strap on the side. drill hole attach with zip ties. done

I'd pass. Reasonably priced intact FFs show up on ebay regularly. Hard to tell without a side view if the mounting holes are intact. The tab at the heel is also strange. A FF heel strap kit will cost you $40. if it can be mounted.
At least, ask the seller for a side view to see what's up.

The designer of your fins and owner of Force Fins is an active member of Scuba Board...try reaching out to him directly at Bob Evans.

-Z
Unfortunately I need 5 posts before DMing. But thanks for the pointer. This is the DM I was going to send.

Subject: Any memory of ForceFin 321s?

Do you happen to remember ForceFin model 321?

Haven't been able to find any reference to them on the internet.

Mainly interested in the intended purpose of the little bit of material behind the heel.

And if I'd be okay drilling through the sides to attach one of your Bungie heel kits or similar.

Thanks,
-Danny

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240330-074329.png
    Screenshot_20240330-074329.png
    462 KB · Views: 22
I'd pass. Reasonably priced intact FFs show up on ebay regularly. Hard to tell without a side view if the mounting holes are intact. The tab at the heel is also strange. A FF heel strap kit will cost you $40. if it can be mounted.
At least, ask the seller for a side view to see what's up.
Thanks, I did ask for a side view due to your comment :)

Because ForceFins retail for a relatively high price, sellers on ebay have a hard time pricing a used pair. My Originals I bought on local Craigslist for around $50. and I later lucked into on auction for $35. plus $15. shipping for a nice pair of Pro's. If you have time and patience you can probably find a nice pair < $100. , about what you will be spending for a questionable pair plus a strap kit.
I have never heard of a FF 321, or seen that weird heel extension. I would think it might be some kind if aftermarket kludge. Normally a FF Original will be cut off just below the size marks. But there have been many FF variations over the years, so who knows (BE)?

Do you have any experience with Force Fins? Are you confident in your sizing? What kind of diving do you plan with them?

Friends don't let friends cave dive.o_O

It looks to me like that's a pair that came out of the mold (321 is likely the mold number) and was rejected on the spot so was never finished. It might be interesting to a collector, but has no value to a diver.

I've asked the moderators if they could move this to the FF forum to make it more likely for @Bob Evans or one of the FF gurus to spot it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom