Attention, Great Lakes Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now Tom,

As you found out this fall, I would rather be wading into the water from a snow covered beach in 22F weather than working. Thus my [right temperment].

And yes, I will dive with just about anyone... especially if they are known to bring along some fine beer for afterward.

However, my (humble) face is much to handsome to be spreading around on t-shirts.
Why, we would never be able to keep up with the demand!
[sarcasm off]

Actually, I like the idea of our very own Muskellunge or Northern Pike as a mascot.
I call them the fresh-water barricuda. They sure look like cousins.

-Dave

cldwdiver:
Actually, I like the idea of our very own Muskellunge or Northern Pike as a mascot.
I call them the fresh-water barricuda. They sure look like cousins.

-Dave

... with a fish that looked that mean!

Please count me in also!! You do take old fart divers don't you??
diverbrian:
I would like an idea of the interest level here. I already have the name and information from one SB member. I will need eight more to make us an official club. The owner of the board is in favor of this as well. I am figuring on a group covering mainly Michigan, Illinois, and Wisconsin. I noticed that most of the Ohio divers are posting with the Kentucky Piranha Patrol, but they would fit in here too.

I have heard the name Cold Water Barbarians proposed, but I think that we can be more cultured than that.

Anybody interested is welcome to PM me for details. NetDoc will need the names, screenname, and phone numbers for ten divers. As I said, to make this work, we need eight more.

Let's see if we can't have an active corner of the board to show off our beloved cold-water wrecks.

PS Name ideas could be posted in this thread or PM'ed, but they would be appreciated as well.

jkoning:
Please count me in also!! You do take old fart divers don't you??

You are most definitely welcome. I just don't think I'll volunteer to unzip your dry suit! LOL

Welcome aboard.
Paula

Back
Top Bottom