Aussie Diving February & March 2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Love the shots alcina! How did you like Lembeh? We are considering a trip there. I am just a bit concerned fish may be a bit bored with too much muck diving...

bowl - I ADORE Lembeh. I'm going back at the end of the year again :) Maybe do a week in Lembeh and a week in Bunaken? Or splash out and do Wakatobi for a week for more pretty reefs & fishes? There's plenty to see in Lembeh, though. Especially on sites like Angel's Window and Bianca etc - muck plus lots of other goodies. Let me know if you decide to go - maybe we'll meet up there for some diving!!

bowl - I ADORE Lembeh. I'm going back at the end of the year again :) Maybe do a week in Lembeh and a week in Bunaken? Or splash out and do Wakatobi for a week for more pretty reefs & fishes? There's plenty to see in Lembeh, though. Especially on sites like Angel's Window and Bianca etc - muck plus lots of other goodies. Let me know if you decide to go - maybe we'll meet up there for some diving!!

AlmityWife and A1 have been there twice. We were supposed to go with them last Nov but it fell through and they went over Christmas which we couldn't do. Aw knows my bucket list and figures it is perfect for me but fish doesn't take pics so I want to make sure it is a trip he will be happy with.. not bored while I take pics.

At OzTeck we talked to the people from Wakatobi and that sounded pretty good. They hooked me when they said unlimited house reef dives and Pygmy Seahorses on the House reef. Frankly to me a good holiday involves DIVE DIVE DIVE... the only reason for stuff on the surface is to download pics, charge camera and human batteries, do surface intervals, and refil human and scuba tanks! If I didn't have to surface I would be happy. All I care is that the food is not going to make me sick so I can't dive and the accommodation ideally is air conditioned with a decent bed so I can sleep and dive again:)

We have already got a quote from them and we have toyed with the idea of doing both... probably in late July early August. It would be great to meet you!

We didn't do a single house reef dive at Wakatobi - it just didn't fit in to the dive schedule very well. I lie, we had to do the stupid check out dive thingo there. The site was excellent but we weren't in very long and the house reef always had a kickin current running whenever we had time to dive it. No matter, we went and sat out on the dock and drank and watched the sunsets instead. I would have liked to dive it, but only without the current.

Had a non photographer person on my first trip to Lembeh. She had a great time on the dives - she'd come look to see what we were photographing then she'd wander off to look at something else the guide found while the rest of us were faffing around. She found lots of cool stuff on her own, too.

I'm in the US until mid-July so August isn't going to work for me, unless it would be very late August, maybe. I'm thinking October-ish as I have a reunion of EDC peeps here on the Ningaloo in September and I still might go back to the US for the holiday season if there's a decent fare so that knocks out November thru late December. I'm also pretty sure I'll head back in January or early February as one of the women I met there is having her 75th birthday celebration. They spend at least two months at NAD every year. This year they are also doing a special trip on a liveaboard at Raja Ampat but my budget won't stretch to that if I want to do all my other trips, too!! Need to win lotto!

NAD has a house reef, but I've never dived it. I think it's OK but not spectacular - but the divers who did it always found something cool. The food was excellent mostly (some was merely good) - there are a few dishes that they do I could eat every day!! Beds have been comfy and the air cons work well. Showers have plenty of hot water.

interesting... makes our original plan for Lembeh sound more appropriate. Time frames are a bit more ocked in for us.. we need to be back in OZ ny Aug 15th..

Sure appreciate the info:worship:

Happy to help spend other people's money :D

Such a long frickin' week for me and I was simply too run down to think about getting my act organized for a dive yesterday. I did hit the Gulf for another nice snorkel, though. A bit quiet on the ol' critter front but found some cool things including an interesting jelly and a wee nurse shark tucked way under a bommie. He was a right pain to take a photo of thanks to all the small fish photo bombing - I have one frame without some random fish part in front of his eye or mouth. Little snots.
MAR13_128_zpsb023d4f8.jpg

MAR13_127_zpse91f6f4a.jpg

Panasonic TS3

I actually like teh way the fish are looking at the subject and the sense of motion from the one that is mid turn. Sometimes I like to see other things in the frame.. tells a bit of a story! Lovely shots as usual

Meh, the little fish are fine - just annoying :D If they would have cooperated and posed I would have been happier with them LOL No ocean for me today - freakin windy here for the next few days. Gotta get out whale sharking, too, but I'm waiting for Easter to be over and for the conditions to be nice. I'm too spoiled after so many years and will only go out when everything aligns :D

lucky devil you are :)

Great photos alcina. I love your Lembeh shots as well. I am usually in Lembeh this time of year but unfortunately I just started a new job so no holiday this year. Did NAD have the new bar when you went?
I haven't dived for what seems like forever but I should be going for a dive tonight, so hopefully will have some more photos to share soon. I can't believe I am saying this but I can't wait for the water to cools down so the viz improves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom