Avalon Harbor Underwater Cleanup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ahhh....I've had a business there for 20 years...(god I'm getting old).....These days I go to do business only in at the AM out by the PM....the romance of that town wore off about 17 years ago....but for vistors wanting to spend money...Greatest place on earth....LOL.

I agree, its a great place to visit, dive and to spend money

Regarding that water...60 degrees????...are you nuts???...LOL.....that 7mm or 3mm fullsuit has not been worn since 2001

No question about it. I am nuts.:D But it is a fun dive and a good cause!

.....when I discovered 82 degree water....wear nothing but a 1mm shorty....when I hit some 80 degree water in Wakatobi last month....found a place I probably not go back to....in the Indo-Pacific region

I know. The lure of warm water, tropical conditions is overwhelming. My family has decided it was my job to take them back to Hawaii this summer!:wink:

Incidentally, I'd be willing to accept a scholarship from any warm-water divers. Just pay my way to California, and not only will I participate in your stead, but I'll also do some extra volunteer work of your choosing (like, say, sending some photos or a YouTube clip). :biggrin:

A very generous offer! I'm sure someone will take you up on it!

A very generous offer! I'm sure someone will take you up on it!
Would it help if I threw in an offer for a couple dozen of my personally-made-from-scratch 4"-diameter cookies? (Options available are white chocolate with lots of macadamia, peanut-butter-chip and chocolate chip, plain old chocolate chip, or even (if I can find them) mint-chip and chocolate chip.) My cookies are *internationally* acclaimed, even! (I'll even throw in a copy of my personal chip cookie recipe, provided the benefactor does not have a phobia of measurements in grams -- I tend to be rather precise when I develop recipes. :biggrin:)

(I just helped with a geocaching cleanup this weekend, but the nearby water was not compatible with diving.)

So Dave, are we going to try and do this thing?

Hey Clay is a newly minted MODERATOR now!

We should try to figure out how to make this happen some how! Are you going to do the Avalon Harbor Cleanup?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom